to leave behind; to give something up
dispel
dispatch
circumvent
abandon

"PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE"

Study alone or with a teacher? | Please rate my eassy ...Thank you very much.
"PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE" #1 (permalink) Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:01 am   "PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE"

Topic: “ Prevention is better than cure.”
Out of a country’s hearlth budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Essay
Health is valuable present for human life. People can have money, houses, some luxurious things but they cannot buy health. Once geting a serious disease, everything becomes nothing immediately. So I agree with the point that “ Prevention is better than cure”. This proverb advise everybody to care themselves before too late to save their lives.

One person just has one life. People all know this definition but not many ones can adjust their lives to live healthier. It is the key point. People always lives with a easily way until a disease is found out. It has to say that cure is the last step to make your body out of danger. Some years ago, I evidenced my friend got a serious disease and the doctors hardly saved her life. According to her mother, she often stayed up late, had an unstable daily habits and was under stress. She got a costly experience of how to value the prevention. With the importance of health, health education and preventative measures need to be concerned.

Today, money mainly is invested in some large health’s budget to cure diseases. But I think if people know how to protect themselves from diseases through health education, no need much money for curing anymore. So the investment for health education and preventive measures are as important as saving one life. In reality, it is fewer courses which supply information about the health knowledge are held. Otherwise, a lot of hospitals have been build. With this point of view, people more and more depend on hospitals while they do not know that they can cure themselves just through health knowledge.

However, no one can ignore the importance of hospitals and doctors. They have existed to save people’s lives. Born, grow up, grow old and die is a life cycle; it is true that in some point of life, people will get disease and die. Hence, hospitals really play an important role in that situation.

In conclusion, I consider that prevention is the first step for people to avoid diseases. So much more investment into providing health knowledge and presentative measures to people is necessary.

(thank for reading and correcting my mistakes)

TOEFL listening discussions: Why does the student visit the registrar's office?
Jennycharm

"PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE" #2 (permalink) Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:14 am   "PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE"

Essay
Health is a valuable present for human life. People can have money, houses, some luxurious things but they cannot buy health. Once geting YOU CONTRACT a serious disease, everything becomes nothing immediately. So I agree with the point that “ Prevention is better than cure”. This proverb adviseS everybody to care themselves before IT BECOMES too late to save their lives.

A person has ONLY one life. People all know this definition(,) but not many ones can adjust their lives to live healthier. It is the key point. People always LIVE with a easY way until a disease is found out DETECTED. It has to say that A cure is the last step to BRING your body out of danger. Some years ago, I evidenced my friend WHO got a serious disease and the doctors hardly saved her life. According to her mother, she often stayed up late, had an unstable daily habits and was under stress. She got a costly experience of how to value the prevention. With the importance of health, health education and preventative measures need to be concerned.

Today, money mainly is invested in some large health’s budget to cure diseases. But I think if people know how to protect themselves from diseases through health education, NOT SO much money WOULD BE NEEDED for curing anymore. So the investment for health education and preventive measures are as important as saving one life. In reality, it is fewer SOME courses which supply information about the health knowledge are held. Otherwise, a lot of hospitals WOULD NEED TO have been builT. With this point of view, people more and more depend on hospitals while they do not know that they can cure themselves just through health knowledge.

However, no one can ignore the importance of hospitals and doctors. They have existed to save people’s lives. TO BE born, grow up, grow old and die is a life cycle(.) It is true that in some point of life, people MAY get A disease and die. Hence, hospitals really play an important role in that situation.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good morning Jenny. You have so much to say, but are still having difficulty in doing so.
Hopefully this will improve with further reading.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemStart exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Prevention is better than cure #3 (permalink) Sat Oct 02, 2010 13:42 pm   Prevention is better than cure

i will give the IELTS exam on 23.oct....so i want to improve my writing skills...so please tell me how my eassy is...and also give me suitable band....thanks

“ Prevention is better than cure”

Out of a country’s health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures

EASSY :-

There are so many fatal diseases which are impossible to cure. Some can be cured
by expensive treatment. If any disease is cured by treatment than lots of side effects will appear. So prevention is a great key for safety from deadly diseases. From prevention a lot of money can be saved.
I strongly agree with this statement because poor people cannot afford the medical treatment fee and those people who have the money to pay for the fee but they do not have a lot of time so the treatment is not properly done. So every type of people should take care of fatal diseases.
So I will recommend that all the funds transfer to a specific organization who can create a society which releases members who will make health institutes all over the world. In these institutes the members train us how to prevent from fatal diseases. These institutes should find cure for fatal diseases because if any person is suffering from illness he can be cured with proper treatment.
In conclusion of prevention we will not catch deadly diseases. We can learn how to save ourselves from fatal diseases if health education system is introduced.

Bhattihassan

Older people enjoy life moreTopic 33: You have received a gift of money. The money is enough to buy either aWhy is music important to many people?Children should not have to work or help with household tasks. Agree or not?Topic:Being creative is more important in finding the best solution to a problemSome people like to study alone, others prefer to study in a group.Strike, For and Againstqualities of a good supervisordoing work by hand or machine, which is better?Living independently or with families?Illiteracy and its Solutions(330 words), please give me feedback for my essay.Topic 27: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People should soYou have received a gift of money. The money is enough to buy either a piece of j