assumption made for the sake of argument; supposition
respite
allusion
pedant
hypothesis

The table below shows the figures for imprisonment in five countries.

topic12 to influence of TV | What famous place would you like to visit? Use reasons and details...
The table below shows the figures for imprisonment in five countries. #1 (permalink) Sun May 02, 2010 3:43 am   The table below shows the figures for imprisonment in five countries.

The table below shows the figures for imprisonment in five countries between 1930 and 1980. (The y axis shows numbers of prisoners in thousands)

The chart displays the number of people held in prison in five different countries over half a century period. It is noticeable that the figures fluctuated from country to country.
In contrast to the figures for the other countries, the number of prisoners in Great Britain rose steadily between 1930 and 1980, reaching a peak of 80 thousand at the end of the period. Australia began with approximately 70 thousand prisoners, but then dropped to around 45 thousand in 1950 and climbed slowly every ten years to a little less than 70 thousand in 1970, but managed to fall back to 50 thousand people in 1980. New Zealand’s prison population started off with 100 thousand people in 1930 and the figure gradually decreased through the next two decades and rose in the following three decades. United States’ and Canada’s figures fluctuated without any patterns, ranging from 95 to 135 thousand and 85 to 120 thousand respectively between 1930 and 1980.
Overall, it is clear that the United States had the highest number of people held in prison of all five countries, which was 135 thousand in 1980 and Great Britain, on the other hand, had the lowest number of prisoners for the majority of the period.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor explain the history of coffee?
Nancy0923

The table below shows the figures for imprisonment in five countries. #2 (permalink) Sun May 02, 2010 9:59 am   The table below shows the figures for imprisonment in five countries.

The chart displays the number of people held in prison in five different countries over A PERIOD OF half a century . It is noticeable that the figures fluctuate BETWEEN countrIES.
In contrast to the figures for the other countries, the number of prisoners in Great Britain rose steadily between 1930 and 1980, reaching a peak of 80 thousand at the end of the period. Australia began with approximately 70 thousand prisoners, but then dropped to around 45 thousand in 1950 and climbed slowly every DECADE to a little less than 70 thousand in 1970, but managed to fall FURTHER to 50 thousand people in 1980.

New Zealand’s prison population BEGAN with 100 thousand people in 1930 and the figure gradually decreased through the next two decades and rose in the following three decades.
THE United States’ and Canada’s figures fluctuated without any DISCERNIBLE pattern, ranging from 95 to 135 thousand and 85 to 120 thousand respectively between 1930 and 1980.
Overall, it is clear that the United States had the highest number of people held in prison of all five countries, which was 135 thousand in 1980, BUT Great Britain, on the other hand, had the lowest number of prisoners for the majority of the period.
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
integrated writing taking risksBusiness LifeInternet - the most important inventionCorruption is at an alarming level in some countries and regionsThe information in the InternetReading fiction (such as novels) is more enjoyable than watching moviesWhy passing the TOEFL® exam is so very important to you?Some people believe that the salaries paid to sportspeople are too high.The singer.Worry and FearSNOOKERMany people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think peopDo you prefer to travel with friends or alone?