friendly; good-natured; easy to talk to
affable
analogous
bellicose
nonchalant

Internet - the most important invention

The information in the Internet | Spend your earned money immediately or save it for future?
Internet - the most important invention #1 (permalink) Sun May 02, 2010 10:52 am   Internet - the most important invention

Topic: Many people say that the internet is the most important invention ever. Do you agree or disagree with this and if not, what do you believe to be more important. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Thirty years ago no one could ever imagine that such thing as the internet will be invented. Nowadays, life without internet for the most people is unimaginable. It is rooted in our communication and banking. Some people consider the internet as the most important invention ever. My personal opinion is that every invention has its time, and the internet is the greatest invention of our time. I will support my theory in the following paragraphs.

Firstly, the internet provides enormous amount of information. Everyone can find all types of information on millions of topics. That way they can find data for their work or school projects. Also, people are able to find information on every subject they are interested in. Moreover, with searching engines like “Google” and “Yahoo Search” it’s even easier for them to find the exact information they are looking for. However, this easy access to so much information can sometimes be dangerous. For example, someone could search the web to find a way to build a bomb. This kind of information, if not in the right hands, can be very dangerous.

Secondly, people are using the internet for communication. People can participate in social networks like “Facebook” or “Twitter”. Also, there are millions of chat rooms and even dating sites. Communication through the internet is easy and available to everyone with a computer. With it, people can keep in touch with their friends in distance, or make new ones. Nevertheless, this way of communication can sometimes be inefficient. Face-to-face conversation, atleast in my opinion, is much better.

Last but not least, I want to say that the invention of the internet could not be even possible without some earlier inventions and discoveries. As I said above every invention has its time. First it was the discovery of fire, then the invention of the wheel. Later it was the electricity, the telegraph and the computer. All this led to the invention of the internet.

It can be concluded that, there are many great inventions, every one of them important for its time. The internet, even with its flaws, is the most important invention of our modern time.

TOEFL listening lectures: What aspect of Carl Sandburg's life does the professor mainly discuss?
Meds

Location: Bulgaria

Internet - the most important invention #2 (permalink) Sun May 02, 2010 11:20 am   Internet - the most important invention

Topic: Many people say that the Internet is the most important invention ever. Do you agree or disagree with this and if not, what do you believe to be more important. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Thirty years ago no one could ever imagine that such A thing as the Internet will WOULD be invented. Nowadays, life without THE Internet for the most people is unimaginable. It is rooted in our communication and banking. Some people consider the Internet as the most important invention ever. My personal opinion is that every invention has its time, and the Internet is the greatest invention of our time. I will support my theory in the following paragraphs.

Firstly, the Internet provides AN enormous amount of information. Everyone can find all types of information on millions of topics. That way they can find data for their work or school projects. Also, people are able to find information on every subject they are interested in. Moreover, with searching engines like “Google” and “Yahoo Search” it’s even easier for them to find the exact information they are looking for. However, this easy access to so much information can sometimes be dangerous. For example, someone could search the web to find a way to build a bomb. This kind of information, if not in the right hands, can be very dangerous.

Secondly, people are using the internet for communication. People can participate in social networks like “Facebook” or “Twitter”. Also, there are millions of chat rooms and even dating sites. Communication through the Internet is easy and available to everyone with a computer. With it, people can keep in touch with their friends in distanT PLACES, or make new ones. Nevertheless, this way of communication can sometimes be inefficient. Face-to-face conversation, at least in my opinion, is much better.

Last but not least, I want to say that the invention of the Internet could not be even possible without some earlier inventions and discoveries. As I said above every invention has its time. First it was the discovery of fire, then the invention of the wheel. Later it was the electricity, the telegraph and the computer. All this led to the invention of the Internet.

It can be concluded that, there are many great inventions, every one of them important for its time. The Internet, even with its flaws, is the most important invention of our modern time.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good morning Meds. Please note the Internet is a Proper Noun and should always be written with a capital letter.

The essay was good.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Internet - the most important invention #3 (permalink) Sun May 02, 2010 11:28 am   Internet - the most important invention

Meds

Location: Bulgaria

Valuable lessons from tough experiences.integrated writing taking risksSmoking BanEducation or WorkBusiness LifeCorruption is at an alarming level in some countries and regionsReading fiction (such as novels) is more enjoyable than watching moviesWhy passing the TOEFL® exam is so very important to you?topic12 to influence of TVWhat famous place would you like to visit? Use reasons and details...The table below shows the figures for imprisonment in five countries.Some people believe that the salaries paid to sportspeople are too high.The singer.