inordinate desire for gaining and possessing wealth; greed
apathy
avarice
festoon
epigram

Which is more important for success: the natural ability you are born with or har

Childhood is the happiest time in life | Some important qualities of a good boss
Which is more important for success: the natural ability you are born with or har #1 (permalink) Sun May 02, 2010 22:50 pm   Which is more important for success: the natural ability you are born with or har

Which are more important for success: the natural ability you are born with or hard work? Explain your opinion, using specific reasons and examples.

Some people are lucky to be born with natural ability, but sometimes they do not care in order to maintain this ability. Other people have to work hard in order to reach their goals in life. From my point of view, keeping your hard work is very important in order to be successful, and I can name some reasons for this.

To begin with, the most important is to have a goal in life.After purposing the goal it is good to try to find the best solution in order to achieve that goal. Achieving a goal is not an easy process; sometimes we have to make a lot of sacrifices . For example, from I was a little girl my dream was to become a medical doctor. I worked hard to be accepted to Medical University, and also I continued working hard during university years. I still remember with pleasure about the day of my graduation. I felt that my hard work and my parents's support were paid off.

In addition, being a gifted person is not enough. We can think about the athletes that are champions or those ones that break the world records. Behind of their success are a lot of hours of training and sacrifices. I remember that when I watched the Olympic Games from Vancouver 2010, the gold medalists from figure skating are trained together for ten years. They have started skating at a very young ages, so their childhood was affected.

Finally, the success that comes without work is not appreciated enough. Some actors start to play in movies when they are children. They become stars over-night, but they did not put any effort in becoming an actor. They become famous only because they are talented. If they do not know to feed and maintain this prestige they would become only some spoiled-children. Few years ago they were very famous; today we can read about them because of their bad behavior. On the other hand an actor that has achieved his fame being zealous keeps "his/her name" forever.

To summarize, being talented is a good privilege but the most important thing is keep your hard work in order to reach the success. Your achievement is better appreciated by you and by others.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a life sciences class (4)
Dacral

Which is more important for success: the natural ability you are born with or #2 (permalink) Mon May 03, 2010 5:06 am   Which is more important for success: the natural ability you are born with or

Some people are lucky to be born with natural ability, but sometimes they do not care in order to maintain this ability. Other people have to work hard in order to reach their goals in life. From my point of view, /keeping your hard work(MAINTAINING YOUR HIGH STANDARD/ is very important in order to be successful, and I can name some reasons for this.

To begin with, the most important POINT is to have a goal in life. After purposing /IDENTIFYING/RECOGNISING/ goal it is good to try to find the best solution in order to achieve that goal. Achieving your goal is not an easy process; sometimes we have to make a lot of sacrifices . For example, from EVER SINCE I was a little girl my dream /was/HAD BEEN/ to become a medical doctor. I worked EXTREMELY hard to be accepted INto Medical University, and also I continued working hard during MY university years. I still remember with pleasure about the day of my graduation. I felt that BOTH my hard work and my parent's support were HAD FINALLY paid off.

In addition, being a gifted person is not IN ITSELF enough. We can think about the athletes that WHO are champions(,) or those ones that WHO break world records. Behind of their success are a lot of /hours/MONTHS/YEARS/ of training and sacrifices. I remember that when I watched the Olympic Games from Vancouver IN 2010, the gold MEDALLISTS IN figure skating are HAD trained together for ten years. They have HAD started skating at a/ very young ages/VERY EARLY AGE/, so their childhoodS /was/HAD BEEN/ SEVERELY affected.

Finally, the success that comes without work is not appreciated enough. Some actors start to play in movies when they are children. They become stars over-night, but they did not put any REAL effortS inTO becoming an actor STARS. They becAme famous only because they are WERE talented. If they /do not know/HAD NOT KNOWN/ HOW to feed and maintain this prestige TALENT they would HAVE becAme only some spoiled-children. SEVERAL years ago they were very famous, BUT today we can read about them ONLY because of their bad behaviors. On the other hand(,) an actor that A STAR WHO has achieved THEIR fame BY being zealous keeps THEIR FAME forever.

To summarize, being talented is a GREAT privilege(,) but the most important thing is PERSEVERING IN your hard work in order to GAIN success. Your achievement is better appreciated by youRSELF and by others.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good morning Dacral. A good essay. The examples you have quoted were very good, especially about your own success. You show great promise.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Which is more important for success: the natural ability you are born with or har #3 (permalink) Mon May 03, 2010 12:37 pm   Which is more important for success: the natural ability you are born with or har

Thank you, Kitos
Dacral

Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a groupThe graph below shows the different modes of commuter transport.The way of our lives is more competitive and convenientComputers have made life easierThe McWilliamses and the Burglar AlarmWhy male teenagers drink?Many people prefer to learn a foreign language in their own country others preferUnforgettable DayA business or an agricultural research center?Convincing acquaintances to learn my native language. (Independent writing)Any one from India taking TOEFLŪ?Wich do you prefer, fiction or non fiction books?some people agree that it is crucial to make large amount of money, while others