Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to toss or dump garbage in an unauthorized place; to scatter objects in disorder
cover
ignore
concoct
litter
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
What does "thanks in anticipation" mean? | As a child, there were them time. I didn't get it but you kept me in line...
listening exercisestell a friend
What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause? #1 (permalink) Mon May 03, 2010 5:58 am   What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause?

Hi

Can someone explain to me what is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause.

Thank you
Pkjoana709394

What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause? #2 (permalink) Mon May 03, 2010 6:09 am   What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause?

I don't understand what you mean. The sentence you provided has only 1 clause and that's the very main clause not relative clause.
Blue_Snow
I'm here quite often ;-)

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause? #3 (permalink) Mon May 03, 2010 6:11 am   What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause?

I was asked to rewrite it. So the result will be clauses, one of them will be a reduced relative clause and the matrix clause will be a copula ascriptive clause.
Pkjoana709394

What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause? #4 (permalink) Mon May 03, 2010 6:17 am   What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause?

Could you please give me your idea? There's only one clause in the sentence. So what did you call ONE OF THEM?
Blue_Snow
I'm here quite often ;-)

What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause? #5 (permalink) Mon May 03, 2010 6:19 am   What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause?

I think the instructions are pretty straightforward and I don't think you are getting the point. any thanks for your attention
Pkjoana709394

What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause? #6 (permalink) Mon May 03, 2010 6:19 am   What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause?

My only answer to your question can just be John lives in a house which is a brick house. And what is a copular ascriptive clause?
Blue_Snow
I'm here quite often ;-)

What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause? #7 (permalink) Mon May 03, 2010 6:23 am   What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause?

Maybe In a brick house lives John or Living in a brick house is John. But those are inversion rather than reduced relative clause.
Blue_Snow
I'm here quite often ;-)

What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause? #8 (permalink) Mon May 03, 2010 7:58 am   What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause?

Being afraid of fire, John lives in a brick house.
Haihao
I'm a Communicator ;-)

What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause? #9 (permalink) Mon May 03, 2010 11:05 am   What is a reduced relative clause and copula ascriptive clause?

The house John lives in is brick.

What does "thanks in anticipation" mean? | As a child, there were them time. I didn't get it but you kept me in line...
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Is it correct?ExplanationRound, ring, or curcular?Translation for Tsaritsyno museum (Part II)Please clear my doubtOxford Advanced Learner's Dictionarylasso posts and fence picketsBeyond tolerable.Sentence: What ... less, now that you have a baby.Help me, make it to be perfectas if my mobile was vibratingmilliner -florist-hosierUse of verb: stand by