moody; despondent; bitter; irritable
morose
irksome
chronic
ponderous

Should students be allowed to choose the courses they want to study?

Some people clime that reading novels is a waist of time. They say that reading n | integrated writing ...history
Should students be allowed to choose the courses they want to study? #1 (permalink) Tue May 04, 2010 9:16 am   Should students be allowed to choose the courses they want to study?

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? High schools should allow students to study the courses that students want to study. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

There has been much debate on whether high schools should choose courses for their students or not. While others are of the opinion that courses should be chosen for students, others believe that students should be given the opportunity to choose the courses they wish to study. In my point of view, high schools should give students the chance to choose the courses they want to study.

First of all, students should be given the opportunity to take their future into their own hands. Before students move to high schools, they have studied in primary schools and best know the subjects they are good at. Some even decide the subjects they will do in high schools while they are still in primary schools. So, choosing a subject for students like these ones who have had first hand decisions on what to do in high schools will be detrimental for them and their career.

Furthermore, some students already know what to do in future before they move to high schools. There are students whose family members are already workers in places like; companies and hospitals. A student might decide to major in electrical engineering because a family member has guaranteed him or her a job in an engineering company. The school might not know this and decide that the student takes arts courses. This will be doing more harm than good to the student, and there is a high possibility that the student will not have the desire to study in that domain because he/she does not know the importance of it in his/her future.

Finally, some students hate certain subjects in primary school and will want to avoid those subjects when they move to high schools. While in primary school, students perform differently in different subjects and will want to avoid those courses they consider as their nightmare when they are in high schools. If subjects are to be chosen for students, there will be a possibility that one of these courses might be selected for the student. If he/she continues to perform poorly in the subject, it can even cause him/her to drop out of school.

To conclude, high schools are places where students go to prepare for their future, and for the reasons that; students should be given the chance to take their future into their own hands, in addition that students know a specific job they will do in future and hate majoring in subjects they consider as their nightmares, they should be given the opportunity to select the courses they want to study.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why is the man taking this course?
_________________
Practice makes perfect.
Nzuahp

Location: New York

Should students be allowed to choose the courses they want to study? #2 (permalink) Tue May 04, 2010 9:47 am   Should students be allowed to choose the courses they want to study?

There has been much debate on whether or not high schools should choose courses for their students. While others are of the opinion that courses should be chosen for students, others believe that students should be given the opportunity to choose the courses they wish to study. In my point of view, high schools should give students the chance to choose the courses they want to study.

First of all, students should be given the opportunity to take their future into their own hands. Before students move to high schools, they have studied in primary schools and best know the subjects they are good at. Some even decide the subjects they will do in high schools while they are still in primary schools. So, choosing a subject for students like these ones who have already made first hand decisions on what to do in high schools will be detrimental for them and their career.

Furthermore, some students already know what to do in future before they move to high schools. There are students whose family members are already workers in places like; companies and hospitals. A student might decide to major in electrical engineering because a family member has guaranteed him or her a job in an engineering company. The school might not know this and decide that the student takes arts courses. This will be doing more harm than good to the student, and there is a high possibility that the student will not have the desire to study in that domain, because he/she does not know the importance of it in his/her future.

Finally, some students hate certain subjects in primary school, and will want to avoid those subjects when they move to high schools. While in primary school, students perform differently in different subjects, and will want to avoid those courses they consider as their personal nightmare when they are in high schools. If subjects are to be chosen for students, there will be a possibility that one of these courses might be selected for the student. If he/she continues to perform poorly in the subject, it can even cause him/her to drop out of school.

To conclude, high schools are places where students go to prepare for their future, and for those reasons; students should be given the chance to take their future into their own hands.
If in addition that student knows the specific job they will do in future and hate majoring in subjects they consider as their nightmares, they should be given the opportunity to select the courses they want to study.
................................................................................................................................
What a fantastic writer you are turning into! Like a caterpillar metamorphosing into a beautiful butterfly. I am really proud of you my friend.

Kitos. 10/10*****
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Should students be allowed to choose the courses they want to study? #3 (permalink) Tue May 04, 2010 12:45 pm   Should students be allowed to choose the courses they want to study?

Good afternoon kitos.
The credit you are giving goes to us all.
Thanks for checking.
_________________
Practice makes perfect.
Nzuahp

Location: New York

Speaking Partner?Topic 9: Thach Sanh storyTopic 8: Parents are the best teachersADVERTISING.Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationshipIn some organizations promotions are based on seniority, while in other...Integrated TaskADVERTISEMENT AFFECTS PEOPLE’S BEHAVIOR IN MANY WAYS - this was edited by me :DTwo types of food - comparison and contrast paragraph.Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertisingHard work or luckBanning smoking in public places and offices.The importance of dancing.