Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to administer; to direct; to supervise; to accomplish; to handle
manage
party
improve
move
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does wisdom mean?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Sentence error | What do coal and cubicle mean?
listening exercisestell a friend
What does wisdom mean? #1 (permalink) Thu May 13, 2010 17:26 pm   What does wisdom mean?

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #245 "Non-Count and Count Nouns (4)", question 8

My grandfather is full of .......... He is very knowledgeable and I like him a lot. This is a non-count noun.

(a) tests
(b) tools
(c) wisdom
(d) eyes

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #245 "Non-Count and Count Nouns (4)", answer 8

My grandfather is full of wisdom. He is very knowledgeable and I like him a lot. This is a non-count noun.

Correct answer: (c) wisdom

What does wisdom mean?
Estela
You can meet me at english-test.net

What does wisdom mean? #2 (permalink) Thu May 13, 2010 20:26 pm   What does wisdom mean?

Hi,

You probably know the adjective 'wise' suggesting old and experienced in life. 'Wisdom' is the noun from 'wise' and means the state of being wise.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Sentence error | What do coal and cubicle mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
help me plz!Why flying not just fly?bought vs broughtAny idear or any idea...?Test incompl/inter-840, User's Answer 4Test incompl/elem-247, User's Answer 10We always use "is a" not "are a"...Difference between "a good many" and "many a good"?I make gravy when I roast a turkey. vs I make lights when I roast a turkey.The skating pair?shouldn't have any more beer?You really burned your fingers this time?Meaning of revolutionized