person who is at home in all countries; citizen of the world
coalition
consensus
annals
cosmopolitan

In some organizations promotion is based on performance while some have it based

Children should be given basic math and reading-writing in an early education | People should do those things which they really do not like?
In some organizations promotion is based on performance while some have it based #1 (permalink) Fri May 14, 2010 0:57 am   In some organizations promotion is based on performance while some have it based

Hello Kitos,

Can you please evaluate this....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In some organizations, promotions are based on seniority,while in other organizations,promotion is based on performance.discuss the advantages of each position. Then indicate which position you thin is best and why.

Rewards are one thing that every person in this world likes to recieve. It is a token of appreciation of the work performed. This can be given in many ways in an organization. Promotions are one of the ways of recognizing one's effort and dedication. Many organizations have different bases for judging promotions. While, in some organization, it is based on the seniority others have it based on the performance. I would like to discuss the advantages of both positions and then would indicate my preference in the concluding paragraph.

Promotions based on the seniority have the multiple advantages. To begin with, organizations which promote people based on their seniority do so because these senior workers are the most experienced people and they have been there in the organization since many years. Recognition of their efforts will boost their morale and make them continue with their indigenous efforts consistently. Secondly, these senior workers after an age, work for the development of their organization for which they had been working for all these years. Promoting them would mean satisfying them professionally as they are not working for money or for reaching their career goals.
Finally, promotions based on seniority will ensure the growth of organization.

On the other hand, promotions based on performance is adopted by many organizations. This process has lots of advantages too. To begin with, when promotions are based on performance it helps in boosting the morale of not only the people getting it but also of other employees. Since the promotion is based on performance it creates a drive in the employees to work efficiently and perform better to get one.
Secondly, it instigates a feeling of equality and thus helps in human management. Workers believe in performing better and know that age is not a factor in deciding promotions.Thirdly, it helps in promoting novelty and generation of new idea and plans. in this enviornment people come up with new ideas and plans as they know that performance is the main element in deciding promotions.

All in all, both of these systems have their advantages and disadvantages.Personally I prefer promotions based on performance as it gives a podium to perform better and gives a chance to every worker irrespective of their age to work enthusiastically and with full commitment towards the growth of their organization. When recognition involves performance as factor, it ensures the efficient deployment of individual capabilities too.

KajK

TOEFL listening discussions: Why are these young men in conversation?
KajK

In some organizations promotion is based on performance while some have it ba #2 (permalink) Fri May 14, 2010 6:59 am   In some organizations promotion is based on performance while some have it ba

Rewards are one thing that every person in this world likes to recEIve. THEY ARE a token of appreciation FOR the work performed. THEY can be given in many ways in an organization. Promotions are one of the ways of recognizing one's effort and dedication. Many organizations USE different bases for judging promotions(,) while in some organizationS THEY ARE based on the seniority(,) WHILST others have it based on the performance. I would like to discuss the advantages of both positions and then would indicate my preference in the concluding paragraph.

Promotions based on the seniority have the multiple advantages. To begin with, organizations which promote people based on their seniority do so because these senior workers are the most experienced people(,) and they have been there in the organization since FOR many years. Recognition of their efforts will boost their morale and make them continue with their indigenous efforts consistently.

Secondly, these senior workers after A CERTAIN age, work for the development of their organization for which they had been working for all these years. Promoting them would mean satisfying them professionally as they are not working for money or for reaching their career goals.
Finally, promotions based on seniority will ensure the growth of THE organization.

On the other hand, promotions based on performance iARE NOW BEING adopted by many organizations. This process has lots of advantages too. To begin with, when promotions are based on performance it helps in boosting the morale of not only the people getting it but also of other employees. Since the promotion is based on performance it creates a drive in the employees to work efficiently and TO perform better to get one.

Secondly, it instigates a feeling of equality and thus helps in human management. Workers believe in performing better(,) and IN knowING that age is not a factor in deciding promotions.

Thirdly, it helps in promoting novelty and IN THE generation of new idea and plans. In this ENVIRONMENT people come up with new ideas and plans as they know that performance is the main element in deciding promotions WITHIN THE COMPANY.

All in all, both of these systems have their advantages and disadvantages. Personally I prefer promotions based on performance as it gives a podium to perform better(,) and gives a chance to every worker(,) irrespective of their age(,) to work enthusiastically and with full commitment towards the growth of their organization. When recognition involves performance as factor, it ensures the efficient deployment of individual capabilities too.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A good essay KajK

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
In some organizations promotion is based on performance while some have it based #3 (permalink) Fri May 14, 2010 18:52 pm   In some organizations promotion is based on performance while some have it based

Thanks a lot Kitos....
KajK

please correct my mistakesTOEFLŪ speaking section: What is your happiest childhood memory?TOEFLŪ speaking section: What is your favorite place to visit on weekends?Some people prefer to work for a large company. Others prefer to work for a smallThis damned punctuation!prefer to work for a large companyimportant qualities of a good supervisorOne doubt pleaseTime to start speaking folks!Why is music important?In your opinion, what are the characteristics of a good son or daughter in a famiA good companyAny idea about the name 'iBT' "The Internet basic TOEFLŪ"?