contemptible; degrading; humiliating; ignoble; contempt; base; mean
lucid
civil
ignominious
incisive

Grades (marks) encourage students to learn.

In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students... | IELTS writing: It is generally believed that some people are born with certain...
Grades (marks) encourage students to learn. #1 (permalink) Mon May 17, 2010 15:51 pm   Grades (marks) encourage students to learn.

Topic 18: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Grades (marks) encourage students to learn. Use specific and examples to support your opinion.
Today, as society is developing more and more, people want to find good jobs, they must study and gain a lot of knowledge and experience from professors, teachers, other students and colleagues. Most companies require their employees to specialize widely and have lots of experience to solve difficult problems in their work. Therefore, if we study diligently to have high marks in the university, we will develop many good skills to prepare for their work in the future, and learn communication with other people, cooperation with colleagues and management skills. So, I agree that grades encourage students to learn better. The following reasons will illustrate my point of view.
To begin with, grades will help students learn harder and more diligently while studying in the university. If a student wants to achieve high marks, he or she always has to do her or his homework, and spend a lot of time attending in class in order to gain lots of knowledge from teachers. This also will help students cooperate with other students better while studying together. For example, as I want to achieve a high mark in English, I must always learn it hard and diligently every day to improve many skills such as writing, listening, reading and speaking in English.
Secondly, today, most companies require their employees to have a good degree with high marks in the university. So, high marks also will help students to find a good job more easily in the future, because a student who has high marks will have wide knowledge and firm specialty to resolve many difficult problems in work. It will bring a lot of profit and benefit to the company. For example, my sister had a good degree, and she suddenly found a job in Hong Ha Company after graduating at the university. In the company, she always gives many good ideas to solve a lot of difficult problems in her work, and she becomes more confident and comfortable while cooperating with her colleagues. So, she is loved and admired by employees in the company.
Finally, high grades in study are the key to the prosperity in the university as well as in the future. If a student has high grades, he or she will win a scholarship from the university. This also will motivate students to learn harder and more diligently in order to achieve success in study. For example, as my friend obtained high marks in the university, she got a job from Land An Company immediately after she graduated at the university. Now, she holds an important position and brings a lot of profit and benefit to the company. Therefore, grades play an important role in studying for each student at a university.
In conclusion, grades always encourage students to study better, because it will motivate students to learn harder and more diligently in order to gain a lot of knowledge and experience. So, students will achieve success in the future.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why is herring healthier for us than tuna?
Trung

topic18:grades encourage students to learn #2 (permalink) Mon May 17, 2010 17:37 pm   topic18:grades encourage students to learn

Today, as society is developing more and more, people want to find good jobs(.) They must study and gain a lot of knowledge and experience from professors, teachers, other students and colleagues. Most companies require their employees to specialize widely and have lots of experience to solve difficult problems in their work. Therefore, if we study diligently to have high marks in the university, we will develop many good skills to prepare for OUR work in the future, and learn communication with other people, cooperation with colleagues and management skills. So, I agree that grades encourage students to learn better. The following reasons will illustrate my point of view.

To begin with, grades will help students learn BETTER and more diligently while studying in the university. If a student wants to achieve high marks, he or she always has to do her or his homework, and spend a lot of time attending in class in order to gain lots of knowledge from teachers. This WILL ALSO help students cooperate with other students better while studying together. For example, as I want to achieve a high mark in English, I must always learn it diligently every day to improve many skills such as writing, listening, reading and speaking in English.

Secondly, today, most companies require their employees to have a good degree with high marks in the university. So, high marks WILL ALSO help students to find a good job more easily in the future, because a student who has high marks will have wide knowledge and A firm specialIty to resolve many difficult problems in work. It will bring a lot of profit and benefit to the company. For example, my sister had a good degree, and she suddenly found a job in Hong Ha Company after graduating at the university. In the company, she always gives many good ideas to solve a lot of difficult problems in her work, and she becomes more confident and comfortable while cooperating with her colleagues. So, she is loved and admired by employees in the company.

Finally, high grades in study are the key to the prosperity in the university as well as in the future. If a student has high grades, he or she will win a scholarship from the university. This also will motivate students to learn BETTER and more diligently in order to achieve success in study. For example, as my friend obtained high marks in the university, she got a job from Land An Company immediately after she graduated at the university. Now, she holds an important position and brings a lot of profit and benefit to the company. Therefore, grades play an important role in studying for each student at a university.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Pretty good Trung. Plenty of examples is a good move.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemStart exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
The line graph illustrates the numbers of people in different genders who smokeIn some countries, marriages are arranged by the parentsOutline some of the problems faced by people from rural areas migrating to citiesUniversity students should be require to attend classesIntegrated Writing: Risk-taking PersonalityThe number of overweigh eight children in develop countries is increasing.others' advice vs personal experiencesYour school has received a gift of money. What do you think is the best (Part 2)Large amounts of money vs comfortable livingsome people believe that the best way to succeed is to set goals and work hard toPets are considered to be a family member... Agree or Disagree?PPST Writing: "Effective leader of any organization"A university education is necessary for success in today’s world.