understood by only a chosen few; confidential; private
feasible
esoteric
extemporaneous
curt

The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items

When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with succ | write about a person who inspires you, please correct my essay
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items #1 (permalink) Thu May 20, 2010 23:23 pm   The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items

The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002.

Percentage of national consumer expenditure by category - 2002

The graph illustrates the proportion of money residents from five individual states spend on items which are separated into three categories in 2002. At first glance, it is clear that the food/drinks/tobacco column was responsible for the majority amount of money spent out of all five countries.
Of all five European countries, Turkey was in charge of the largest figure in food/drinks/tobacco, which was almost one-third of the local inhabitants’ expenditure. This was followed closely by Ireland, falling only nearly four percent also in the same category. In the clothing/footware group, Italy and Sweden were noted for the most and the least percentage, which were 9.00% and 5.40%, respectively. However, the citizens of every single country expressed similar attitudes toward the expenditure on leisure/education, consisting of merely below five percent for all five nations.
Overall, food/drinks/tobacco represent for the most money every European citizens would spend on, while on the contrary, the leisure/education column would include the lowest amount of money buyers from each country would spend.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Natural History
Nancy0923

The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items #2 (permalink) Fri May 21, 2010 11:40 am   The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items

The graph illustrates the proportion of money residents from five individual states SPENT on items which are separated into three categories in 2002. At first glance, it is clear that the food/drinks/tobacco column was responsible for the HIGHEST amount of money spent out of all five countries.
Of all five European countries, TurkS WERE THE BIGGEST SPENDERS in food/drinks/tobacco, which was almost one-third of the local inhabitants’ expenditure.
THEY WERE CLOSELY FOLLOWED by Ireland, TRAILING only BY nearly four percent in the same category.
In the clothing/footware group, Italy and Sweden were noted for the HIGHEST and the LOWEST percentageS, which were 9.00% and 5.40%, respectively.
However, the citizens of every single country expressed similar attitudes toward the expenditure on leisure/education, consisting of merely below five percent for all five nations.
Overall, food/drinks/tobacco represent the COMMODITIES THAT EVERY
European citizen LAVISHED MONEY on, while on the contrary, the leisure/education column SHOWS THE COMPARATIVELY MEAGRE AMOUNTS buyers from each country would spend.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Seems they have found your Achilles heel here Nancy. Perhaps you had better swot up on this segment.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHow many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items #3 (permalink) Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:26 am   The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items

Please I must take 5.5 or 6.. can someone check it..thankss

The table graph provides information about on consumer spending three matters in five different countries in 2002.It compares food/drinks/tobacco,clothing/footware and and leisure/education for five countries namely, ireland ,italy, spain, sweden and turkey
firstly if we analyze at food/drinks/tobacco , we will describe that it includes the highest percentages for each countries.Turkey contains bigger rates at approximately 33% in 2002.Ireland has higher proportion after turkey for consumer spending on food/drinks/tobacco, at nearly 29 %,
Accordingly leisure/education item, it has the lowest percentages in table.leisure/education was significantly higher in turkey ,at 4.35 %, and italy ,at just over 3%.Spain was slightly lower figures for these tables.
In the clothing/footware group,italy was dramatically higher than the other four countries.On the otherhand , sweden has the lowest figure for clothing/footware ,at only 5.40 %,
Ozben

The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items #4 (permalink) Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:58 am   The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items

Hi, I am not a teacher, but as a native speaker I would be happy to make some comments on your writing. It was really distracting when you failed to capitalize the proper nouns and even some first words of sentences. I rest of your writing was ok for the most part, but had some grammatical errors. I am not as familiar with this writing task as with the basic 5 paragraph essay, but I don't think it would rate a 5.5/6. Based on these criteria, http://www.ets.org/toefl/pbt/scores/writing_score_guide/ I would say more of a 4/6.

Ozben wrote:

The table graph provides information about on consumer spending [on] three matters {"matters" is not the best word - try "categories"} in five different countries in 2002.It compares food/drinks/tobacco{I would write out "food, drinks, and tobacco"},clothing/footware{table is wrong - should be footwear} and and leisure/education for five countries namely, ireland ,italy, spain, sweden and turkey {capitalize}
firstly{capitalize} if we analyze at food/drinks/tobacco , we will describe{"describe" is not the best word - should be "see" or "observe"} that it includes the highest percentages for each countries.Turkey contains bigger rates at approximately 33% in 2002.Ireland has [the next highest] higher proportion after turkey {caps} for consumer spending on food/drinks/tobacco, at nearly 29 %,
Accordingly{accordingly means "it thus follows" which doesn't really work here} leisure/education item, it has the lowest percentages in [the] table.leisure/education was significantly higher in turkey ,at 4.35 %, and italy ,at just over 3%.Spain was[had] slightly lower figures for these tables.
In the clothing/footware group,italy was dramatically higher than the other four countries.On the otherhand {two words} , sweden has the lowest figure for clothing/footware ,at only 5.40 %,

The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items #5 (permalink) Fri Jan 13, 2012 20:41 pm   The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items

thanks for consideration
Ozben

The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items #6 (permalink) Thu Mar 28, 2013 16:36 pm   The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items

Hello, I am a newbie here. I am preparing for my IELTS Exam. I really need you to help me check my writing. How can I do that? Where should I post my writing report to receive your correction? Thank you so much
Nguyenanh92

The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items #7 (permalink) Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:42 am   The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items

Hi I am the only person checking essays lately but I am on vacation. I will be back next week so if you post your essay in the toefl forum I will have a look at it.

The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items #8 (permalink) Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:07 am   The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items

What about this?

The table illustrates information on how buyers spend their money in five selected countries.

In five different countries, namely, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Turkey consumers expended mostly on food, drinks and tobacco. About one third of Turkish citizens spent on these items. In Sweden, these products had the smallest percentage, although it was quite the same as in Spain and Italy.
What concerns clothing and footwear, Italy had the first place spending 9 percent of their budget. In Spain, Ireland and Turkey this numbers remained almost the same of about 6,5 percent in each country.
Consumer spending on leisure and education didn’t vary significantly in five countries mentioned above, but as table shows, Turkey had the highest level with 4,35 percent and Spain had minimum then other countries with only 1,98 percent.

With following information, we can see that Turkey had the highest overall percentage in three categories with about 43 percent and Sweden with the minimum of about 24 percent.
Magoo

The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items #9 (permalink) Wed Apr 03, 2013 14:04 pm   The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items

Hi, not too bad, please see my comments below. The question is, what are those Swedes spending their money on?

Magoo wrote:
What about this?

In five different countries, namely, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Turkey consumers expended {"expended" does not really work without an object - you could say "spent mostly on" or "expended most of their budget on"} mostly on food, drinks and tobacco. About one third of Turkish citizens spent on these items.{this is not correct, instead, on average every citizen spent 32% of their total expenses on these items} In Sweden, these products had the smallest percentage, although it was quite [close to ] the same as in Spain and Italy.
What [As] concerns clothing and footwear, Italy had the first place {"was in first place", but this makes it sound like a competition} spending 9 percent of their budget. In Spain, Ireland and Turkey this numbers remained almost the same of[at] about 6,5 percent in each country.
Consumer spending on leisure and education didn’t vary significantly in five countries mentioned above, {I would disagree - Turkey spent over twice as much as Spain on these categories - seems a significant difference} but as table shows, Turkey had the highest level with 4,35 percent and Spain had minimum then[compared to the] other countries with only 1,98 percent.

With [the given] following information, we can see that Turkey had the highest overall percentage in [the] three categories with about 43 percent and Sweden with the minimum of about 24 percent.

Please correct and rate my essay. Thank you so much! :)Although this is not for Toefl®, this is urgent. Please correct this.TOEFL® Test Please rate it. ThanksNeed your help Luschen | Toefl®® Writing: Travelling With a CompanionPlease rate and correct my essay. Why do you think people decide to go to school?Could you please rate this essay :)Need your help Luschen | Toefl® Writing: Inexperienced WorkersPlease correct and rate my Toefl® essay, Luschen! Thank you very much!Please correct and rate my Toefl® essay, Luschen! Thank you.Hi Luschen , Could you evaluate my essay?Please correct and rate my essay. Thank you so much! :)please check ard rate my essay.Some people like to travel with a companion. Other people prefer to travel alone.