having a low center of gravity
faineant
squat
secular
sinewy

GREŽ score 1400

GRE Practice tests Increase your GRE test score with
plus 3.750 GRE word flash cards
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GREŽ Test
Help! Please critique my issue essay! | Issue 70: expecting your comments
GRE score 1400 #1 (permalink) Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:16 am   GRE score 1400

Dear all, I scored 1400 (Quant 800, Verbal 600) and I am shooting for top 10 school for my graduate studies in engineering. I have an undergrad from a US university. I have 3.8 GPA and a year of research experience in my field (might get a paper published soon)..

How do you guys find my chance of getting into a top school?

pranjal
pranjal

AWESOME! #2 (permalink) Sat Dec 10, 2005 20:33 pm   AWESOME!

Awesome score. I am too in US and trying for duke.I have my GRE on 27th dec. please post your GRE experience and how did U study for the exams and your study plan,Tips anything will be really appreciated.
Heartiest congrats.
SK
supriya

GRE Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 750 free GRE Vocabulary TestsGRE Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise GRE scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportGRE Practice Tests — Learn the most essential GRE vocabulary words you need to pass the GRE with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card system
GRE 1400 #3 (permalink) Sat Dec 10, 2005 23:28 pm   GRE 1400

Supriya,

quant: I am an engineering student, so material was never a problem. You will have to be little cautious on time. Don't waste too much time on a particular problem. Make sure to attempt all questions.

verbal: know as many words a possible and practice tests. I practiced close to 20 past GRE exams.
The most important thing is manage your time during the test.Be relaxed and attempt all the questions. Take the breaks you get in between sections. Time management and relaxed mentality help you do better provided you know your material.
pranjal

GRE 1400 #4 (permalink) Sun Dec 11, 2005 0:21 am   GRE 1400

Thanks a lot pranjal for a quick response. Even I am a Engineer.But still feeling nervous abt quant.what abt the research sections I mean did U get 1 or 2 quant / verbal sections??
Also did U get any questions on perm combinations and last but the most imp one is that the comparison questions how many Approx did u encounter??

Thanks a bunch,
Supriya
Supriya

GRe marks #5 (permalink) Fri Feb 10, 2006 23:03 pm   GRe marks

Guys/Gals, I need some urgent advice on my marks.
I got a 740 on both the quant and verbal and 6.0 on the analytics. I was very happy with this until I got my
percentile breakdown.
On the quant I got a meagre 78%. Is it worth still applying to grad school (for an MSc in Finance) with this or should I retake the test?
(I got a 99% on the verbal and 96% on the writing).
But from what I hear the quant is the most important.
Any help at all would be MUCH appreciated!
Ambima

Location: London

GRE 1400 #6 (permalink) Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:01 am   GRE 1400

pranjal,
Its really a good score.i think that this mark is quite sufficient to get urself into top universitied.what universities have u applied for.have applied for texas university.i wanted u to focus urself in the letter of statement which is quite important to get admissions.your scores and academic scores are secondary.And also try to get recommendation from professors who are popular.They have seperate grade for each professor.any way all the best. i would be appearing for gre in the next year.due to the financial crisis, i couldn't able to give gre this year.But i know well about gre exam becoz my friends have given the exam and they scored around 1450.i am studying in rec.if u want to have contacts contact me at aswinssr1@yahoo.co.in

pranjal wrote:

aswinssr

GRe marks #7 (permalink) Wed Jun 14, 2006 17:07 pm   GRe marks

hey can u suggest some gud books for quants and verbal i am plannning to give GRe in Aug .And for toefl also...
Some links for online practice test also ....

ID:kasak_sunil@yahoo.com

Thnks
Kasak

ambima wrote:
percentile breakdown.
Kasak

Hi pranjal #8 (permalink) Sat Oct 21, 2006 21:15 pm   Hi pranjal

which US school are you from?
check missiongre.com admission prediction tool
avantika_jasraj

Re: GRE score 1400 #9 (permalink) Sun Jan 23, 2011 0:48 am   Re: GRE score 1400

Hi Pranjal

Your scores are really good. I am also getting prepare for GRE test. I want to know how to learn all the English words? I am using Barron's book. please. help me, I am very nervous. You can send me mail at neenalakhanpal@gmail.com. If you I'll really appreciate.

Neena
Neenalakhanpal

GRE score 1400 #10 (permalink) Wed Jan 26, 2011 23:08 pm   GRE score 1400

Hey guys what material u are using for the prepartion
MethoDs_MaN

GRE score 1400 #11 (permalink) Wed Jan 26, 2011 23:15 pm   GRE score 1400

I am using Barron's Book and as well as Kaplan 2011.
Neenalakhanpal

GRE score 1400 #12 (permalink) Wed Jan 26, 2011 23:20 pm   GRE score 1400

@Neenalakhanpal
but Kaplan isn't for the new revised test?
MethoDs_MaN

GRE score 1400 #13 (permalink) Wed Jan 26, 2011 23:21 pm   GRE score 1400

Actually I am new to GRE. I don't know much more about it. Even if you know about new syllabus then please let me know. Where do you live (Country)?
Neenalakhanpal

GRE score 1400 #14 (permalink) Wed Jan 26, 2011 23:24 pm   GRE score 1400

well, in this case u gota better read more about it at ets.org/gre. This will give u the required information.
MethoDs_MaN

GRE score 1400 #15 (permalink) Wed Jan 26, 2011 23:25 pm   GRE score 1400

Thanks !
Neenalakhanpal

ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GREŽ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on GRE Test Forums
Please check my essay and formal letterA argument essayPlease analyse my essayissue 2 - please comment on my essayWordGame in sparetime as prep tool for GREŽPlease rate my first argument! I'm taking AWA on 2.18,running out of tStatement of Purpose (sop) SampleHey~~I need ur help~Thx a lot!Ten Articles Every Student Should ReadStatement of Purpose Marine Biology(sample)List of items that You have to send to universityGreŽ PartnerWant partners for GREŽ