disfigurement; defect; flaw; fault
confederate
jargon
vicissitude
blemish

Playing games teaches us about life.

Broad or specialized education | Enigma's Cave-A logical quiz event
Playing games teaches us about life. #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 01, 2010 21:53 pm   Playing games teaches us about life.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Playing games teaches us about life.

Although, some might believe, that playing games does not have anything in common with the real life. However, I think we have learned a lot about dealing with situations in our lives from the games in our earlier childhood, particularly, when we played with others. Therefore, I think that playing can teach us valuable lessons for our life.

Born as a helpless creature, we are very dependent on our parents in the first weeks and months of our life. After a while, we start to realize our surrounding environment and gathering information. After a few additional months, infants try to contact the others. The first efforts are, trying to make noises or sounds. This is the earlier form of playing. The babies play with the simplest tool they possess. Playing with sounds gives them the possibility to create contacts and learn the way to speak properly, the language.

The other forms of playing occur in the earlier stage of childhood as well, the visual playing. To recognize the forms and colours, infants try to touch and feel them. Later, they can distinguish the different features by sorting them in order of their colour, form and size. I am sure; every one has already seen babies, who play for hours with the small coloured figures, hanging over their baby crib.

These facts show, that we start learning by playing in our very beginning stage of our life. Later, when we can communicate with other children. Playing will become more important, because we start to learn the appropriate social behaviour. We play to be a father, a mother, a soldier or a doctor. We learn how to shear and how to respect each other.

As we discussed, playing is a very important feature in our learn process, beginning in the infancy. Even as adult, we continue to play and learn, the role of playing is may be less important, but it remains a strong tool for communication and interaction with our social environment. Therefore, I agree with the statement, that playing games is a crucial part of our education.

TOEFL listening lectures: What does the professor imply about Leonardo da Vinci?
Saeedhamburg

Location: Calabasas Los Angeles

Playing games teaches us about life. #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:59 am   Playing games teaches us about life.

Playing games teaches us about life.

Although some might believe that playing games does not have anything in common with the real life(,) However, I think we have learned a lot about dealing with situations in our lives from the games in our earlier childhood, particularly, when we played with others. Therefore, I think that playing can teach us valuable lessons for our life.

Born as a helpless creature, we are very dependent on our parents in the first weeks and months of our life. After a while, we start to realize our surrounding environment and BEGIN TO gather information. After a few additional months, infants try to contact the others. The first efforts are BY trying to make noises or sounds. This is the earlier form of playing. The babies play with the simplest toolS they possess. Playing with sounds gives them the possibility to create contacts and learn the way to speak properly, the language.

The other forms of playing occur in the earlier stage of childhood as well, the visual playing. To recognize the forms and colours, infants try to touch and feel them. Later, they can distinguish the different features by sorting them in order of their colour, form and size. I am sure (everyone) has already seen babies who play for hours with the small coloured figures hanging over their baby crib.

These facts show that we start learning by playing /in our/AT THE/ very beginning stage of our LIVES. Later, when we can communicate with other children(,) playing will become more important, because we start to learn the appropriate social behaviour. We play BY PRETENDING to be a father, a mother, a soldier or a doctor. We learn how to SHARE WITH and how to respect each other.

As we discussed, playing is a very important feature in our learn process, beginning in OUR infancy. Even as adultS, we continue to play and learn, the role of playing may be less important, but it remains a strong tool for communication and interaction with our social environment. Therefore, I agree with the statement, that playing games is a crucial part of our education.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good morning Saeedhamburg. Short but good.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Playing games teaches us about life. #3 (permalink) Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:33 am   Playing games teaches us about life.

Good morning kitosdad,
thank you very much. I appreciate it.
Saeedhamburg

Location: Calabasas Los Angeles

studying in group depending on merits or notSome people say that computers have made life easier and more convenient...The discovery of penicillin and other antibiotic drugs is the most important...Effects of higher life expectancyHow does The Internet influence life in today’s world?Integrated. AsthmaTOEFL® preparationMaterial on the Internet should be censored or controlled to protect the publicIt is the teacher’s responsibility to make a student learn the material...TOEFL® essay: the things we learn from our friends are more important than what wePPST Writing: Criterion to judge teacher; get along the widest variety of stud...asking about Ielts task one introductionDo you think that people from certain ethnic backgrounds should be given greater