pure; perfect; faultless
congenial
reciprocal
impeccable
discursive

How does The Internet influence life in today’s world?

TOEFL® preparation | Integrated. Asthma
How does The Internet influence life in today’s world? #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:43 am   How does The Internet influence life in today’s world?

The widespread use of the Internet has given people access to information in a level never experienced before. How does this increase in availability of information influence life in today’s world?

The Internet is one of the most important technological breakthroughs of the 20th century. I wouldn't be wrong if I told that it almost changed the life of our generation at all. Although some people say that the Internet is always beneficial, I personally not agree with them. It provides us with different and freshest information for studying, communicating or just developing ourselves. However, there are also several drawbacks.

On the one hand, the Internet changed our way of finding new information and even friends. Firstly, the most important thing is the amount and diversity of information. Spending hours in libraries is no more necessary. I have everything I need for my university research paper at home. Secondly, this information could be taken as fast as never before. I just go to Google and type what I want to read about; then it shows me a thousand of links about it. Finally, I can find the most interesting people from all over the world using the Internet. We can discuss films, science or even help each other in solving different problems. For example, Internet helps me in studying English because I can communicate with native and advanced speakers using the e-mail, forums and Skype. And all this things I can do sitting at home.

On the other hand, the amount of information is not usually means its quality. If I can find several valuable sources among the hundred, it is actually success, because 90 percents contains quite weak information or even advertising posts, erotic images and computer viruses. I cannot imagine how to show the Internet to my children in the future. I suppose the Internet should be moderated more carefully and maybe there should be separated locations for this sort of materials. Moreover, working as a teacher, I see how much time modern children spend on the Internet just playing or chatting about nothing instead of going for a walk and have a good time with their real friends and parents.

In conclusion, the Internet means, in my opinion, the International revolution. It is very useful for studying and friendship; however, because of the low quality and some uncensored sources sometimes I think that its influence on our society and, especially on our children, is terrible.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on the history of the English language
Arseni

Location: Moscow

How does The Internet influence life in today’s world? #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:22 pm   How does The Internet influence life in today’s world?

The Internet is one of the most important technological breakthroughs of the 20th century. I would NOT be wrong if I told that it almost changed the life of our generation at /all/A STROKE/. Although some people say that the Internet is always beneficial, I personally DO not agree with them. It provides us with different and THE freshest information for studying, communicating or just developing ourselves. However, there are also several drawbacks.

On the one hand, the Internet changed our way of finding new information and even friends. Firstly, the most important thing is the amount and diversity of information. Spending hours in libraries is no /more/LONGER/ necessary. I have everything I need for my university research paper at home.

Secondly, this information could be taken /as fast as never/QUICKER THAN EVER/ before. I just go to Google and type what I want to read about; then it shows me a thousand of links /about/THAT LEAD TO/ it.

Finally, I can find the most interesting people from all over the world BY using the Internet. We can discuss films, science or even help each other in solving different problems. For example, THE Internet helps me in studying English because I can communicate with native and advanced speakers BY using e-mail, forums and Skype. And all OF THESE things I can do sitting at home.

On the other hand, the amount of information is not usually means its quality INFORMATION.
If I can find several valuable sources among the hundred, it is actually A success, because 90 percent OF THE LINKS LEAD TO SITES THAT contain quite weak information or even advertising posts, erotic images and computer viruses. I cannot imagine how to show the Internet to my children in the future. I suppose the Internet should be moderated more carefully(,) and maybe there should be separated locations for THESE sortS of materials. Moreover, working as a teacher, I see how much time modern children spend on the Internet just playing or chatting about nothing(,) instead of going for a walk and havING a good time with their real friends and parents.

In conclusion, the Internet means, in my opinion, the International revolution. It is very useful for studying and friendship; however, because of the low quality and some uncensored sources(,) sometimes I think that its influence on our society(,) and especially on our children, is terrible.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
That was quite good Arseni.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemStart exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
How does The Internet influence life in today’s world? #3 (permalink) Wed Jun 02, 2010 14:03 pm   How does The Internet influence life in today’s world?

Now I see that 30 minutes is very short period to write a clear complex essay. Practice-practice-practice!!!
Thanks for this corrections! I'll try to correct them, especially comm...as
Arseni

Location: Moscow

TOEFL® preparation | Integrated. Asthma
A handful of people maintain the idea that it is unnecessary to obtain finance...Failure is proof that the desire wasn't strong enough.studying in group depending on merits or notSome people say that computers have made life easier and more convenient...The discovery of penicillin and other antibiotic drugs is the most important...Effects of higher life expectancyBroad or specialized educationMaterial on the Internet should be censored or controlled to protect the publicIt is the teacher’s responsibility to make a student learn the material...Enigma's Cave-A logical quiz eventTOEFL® essay: the things we learn from our friends are more important than what wePPST Writing: Criterion to judge teacher; get along the widest variety of stud...Do you think that people from certain ethnic backgrounds should be given greater