having to do with shepherds or the country; rural
bucolic
ingenious
truculent
diverse

TOEFLŪ essay: Some people learn by reading about the new things. Others learn...

How to solve problems? (Resolving problems between individuals or groups is...) | Need help for TOEFLŪ iBT Preparation
TOEFL essay: Some people learn by reading about the new things. Others learn... #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 08, 2010 16:21 pm   TOEFL essay: Some people learn by reading about the new things. Others learn...

Topic: some people learn by reading about the new things. Others learn by doing things. Which of these methods do you prefer?

Essay:
There are many different ways for people to learn new things. They might choose to learn by reading or doing, and some people use both ways. In my opinion, I think that learning by reading is better way for me in order to learn new things. The reasons for my choice are convenience and reading brings me an opportunity to learn more things than learn by doing.

To begin with, one reason makes me to prefer reading is convenience. Through the books, I can understand a lot of knowledge without spending too much time and effort. For example, when I am studying about climate in Africa, I cannot go to the Africa to learn because of far distance and lack of money, but I still learn well about climate in the Africa by reading books in school library for free.

In addition, reading helps me learn more things than doing, especially learning some things inaccessible. For example, I cannot become an astronaut in order to explore space, but I can do that by reading astronomy books. Moreover, some subjects require me to learn by reading such as history and literature, because they are social sciences, therefore, doing them is very difficult for me, so reading is the best way for me to learn them well.

Finally, reading is the necessary way to learn new things, because it helps me to avoid a lot of mistake when I doing some things I have read before. When I have to do some things such as repair my car or fix my computer, these works are very difficult for me because they are complex and high-tech devices, so, if I read the instructive document was provided by producer carefully, I can do that more easier and avoid a lot of mistakes.

In conclusion, we have our own ways to learn the new things, and both reading and doing are the good ways to learn, each of these ways also have positive and negative points. However, I believe that reading is the best way for me to learn the new things, because learning by reading is convenience and I can learn more subjects than doing.

TOEFL listening lectures: What is one problem with contribution approach?
Tung Lam

toefl essay: some people learn by reading about the new things. Others learn #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 08, 2010 17:02 pm   toefl essay: some people learn by reading about the new things. Others learn

Essay:
There are many different ways for people to learn new things. They might choose to learn by reading or doing, and some people use both ways. In my opinion, I think that learning by reading is A better way for me in order to learn new things. The reasons for my choice IS THAT convenience and reading brings me an opportunity to learn more things than MY learnING by doing.

To begin with, one reason THAT makes me to prefer reading is convenience. Through the books, I can understand a lot of knowledge without spending too much time and effort. For example, when I am studying about THE climate in Africa, I cannot go to the Africa to learn because ofTHE distance and lack of money, but I still learn well about THE climate in the Africa by reading books in school library for free.

Finally, reading is the necessary way to learn new things, because it helps me to avoid a lot of mistake when I doing some things I have read before. When I have to do some things such as repair my car or fix my computer, these works are very difficult for me because they are complex and high-tech devices, so, if I read the INSTRUCTION MANUAL WHICH was provided by THE producer carefully, I can do that more easier and avoid a lot of mistakes.

In conclusion, we have our own ways to learn the new things, and both reading and doing are BOTH good ways to learn(.) Each of these ways also have positive and negative points. However, I believe that reading is the best way for me to learn the new things, because learning by reading is CONVENIENT(,) and I can learn more subjects than BY doing.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Not bad Tung Lam, but you must learn to stop using "the" when it is not needed.

Kitos. 7.5/10
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemStart exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Some people like to travel with a companion. Other people prefer to travel aloneEssay: Why do you think people attend college or university?The chart and graph below give information about sales and share prices for CocaAre mistakes necessary for discovery or progressAn integrated essay about the wind powerSome people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of timesWhat is the most important national holiday in your country?Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of timesA big university or a small university. Which one do you prefer?Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support...Most important national holiday in your countryNowadays, food has become easier to prepare.Buisnesses should hire employees for their entire lives.