prize; grant; arbitration
damage
award
luggage
composure

Teaching Terminology

What are people of color? | Mind giving me?
Teaching Terminology #1 (permalink) Fri Jun 11, 2010 22:29 pm   Teaching Terminology

Hello there,
Can anybody explain what "scaffolding" in English language teaching and learning ?
Thank you in advance
Muin

Location: Gaza Strip

Teaching Terminology #2 (permalink) Sat Jun 12, 2010 0:00 am   Teaching Terminology

Providing support.
So, for example, if the student has to write a report, 'scaffolding' may be offered by means of a word bank of appropriate vocabulary, or a 'writing frame' which outlines a suggested format with some language patterns already in place.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Teaching Terminology #3 (permalink) Sat Jun 12, 2010 17:09 pm   Teaching Terminology

Dear Beeesneees,
Thanks for your help.
I read some articles and some definitions but none made it as simple as you did .I thought it was bigger than this !!! I believe that I carry out scaffolding ,unaware of it !! So you mean that I give the student on-the-topic vocabulary and a "semi-skeleton " of the report to be written. Great ! But in the old days , we were left alone to write our own composition by ourselves ,without any sort of help or scaffolding , some of us were creative others were too weak ! What do you think ?
Muin

Location: Gaza Strip

the box is needed for all my thingsWould you like some more coffee? vs Do you like some more coffee?'Why' is the wrong option cause it is need an object. Is it right?turn over vs. turn aroundIn modern jurisdictions, the plaintiff's death before judgement terminates all...To gel a familyTo combine information to form a new perspective is called?I'm off on mondays and tuesdays or I take the days off on monday and tuesday?I spent a lot of money. vs I spend a lot of money.Is there any text by which not only English grammar?When we are taking appatment and how can we speak?Does it mean that you better leave Mark alone and don't bother him?Difference between "tired" and "fed up"