exacting; precise; pedantic; cautious concerning minute details
pensive
erratic
meticulous
tangible

Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influ

new essay | a friend of yours has received some money and plan use it either to go...
Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influ #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:35 am   Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influ

When we were a little, parents who are a teacher support us and taught us about how to live in a life, so the elementary characteristics come from parents brought us up. After we grow up, we get more experiences and we realize that we have to adapt ourselves to live in the real circumstances. Therefore, our characteristics are gradually changing from the past.
The surrounding persons have an impact on our characteristics. Occasionally, we have to change our characteristics so as to socialize. Apparently, the teenagers gain a numerous influence from their friends. They may change their original characteristics by following with them. For example, their friends are favor to use brand name appliances, including bag, watch and cloth .In order that they would like to join a group, so they have to change their characteristics by using a brand name appliance also. Furthermore, the woman who has a baby is another example. The ordinary of women’s characteristic is a beauty-loving. She usually makes up and wears a beautiful dress. After she has a baby, she ignores to look after herself because she pays more attention her baby. She becoming outdated person.
The failure experience plays a significant role in characteristics. For instance, someone who is a wealthy family is not interested in his family‘s business and spend time to doing nonsense .After his family is faced with a financial crisis, he turn out to be a strenuous worker. In addition, someone is an optimistic person, but he becomes a pessimistic person, because he encounters a failure. It is obvious that a past failure lesson can change human’s characteristics.
Additionally, to get broaden knowledge has an impact on characteristics also. The more knowledge makes people adapt their characteristics. For example, children are habituated to eating fast food after they acquire knowledge about a disadvantage of fast food, they will vary their habit.
I absolutely agree that experiences have more influence on our personality and development than the characteristics we are born. The more experience, the more things change.

TOEFL listening discussions: What position does Cindy play?
Groffy

Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more i #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:11 am   Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more i

When we were /a little/SMALL CHILDREN/, OUR parents(,) who are a WERE OUR teacherS(,) supportED us and taught us about how to live in a life, so OUR elementary characteristics cAme from OUR parents WHO brought us up. After we grow up, we /get/GAIN/ more experiences(,) and we realize that we have to adapt ourselves to live in the real circumstances. Therefore, our characteristics are gradually changing from the past.
The /surrounding persons/OTHER PEOPLE AROUND US ALSO// have an impact on our characteristics. Occasionally, we have to change our characteristics so as to socialize. Apparently, the teenagers gain a numerous influenceS from their friends. They may change their original characteristics by following with them. For example, their friends are favoUr to use A PARTICULAR brand name WHEN PURCHASING appliances, including bagS, watchES and clothES.
In order that they would like to /join/BE PART OF/ /a group so they have to change their characteristics by using THAT brand name OF appliance also. Furthermore, the woman who has a baby is another example. The ordinary TRAIT of A womAn’s characteristic is TO BE beauty-loving. She usually makes up HER FACE and wears a beautiful dress. After she has a baby, she ignores to look after herself(,) because she pays more attention her baby. She becomES AN outdated person.
The failure experiencING OF FAILURE plays a significant role in characteristics. For instance, someone who is BORN INTO a wealthy family is not interested in his family‘s business(,) and spendS time to doing /nonsense/ SILLY THINGS. After his family is faced with a financial crisis, he turn out to be a strenuous worker. In addition, someone is an optimistic person, but he becomes a pessimistic person, because he encounters a failure. It is obvious that a past failure CAN BE A lesson IN changING A human’s characteristics.
Additionally, ACQUIRING broadER knowledge has an impact on characteristics also. The GREATER knowledge makes people adapt their characteristics. For example, children are ACCUSTOMED to eating fast food, BUT after they acquire knowledge about THE disadvantageS of fast food, they will vary their habitS.
I absolutely agree that experiences HAS more influence on our personality and development, than the characteristics WITH WHICH we WERE born. The more experience, the more things change.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Nice work Groffy, but I think you should take more time thinking and reviewing your finished work. You have a good vocabulary, and I'm sure you could both improve your text, and at the same time, eliminate needless errors.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemStart exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influ #3 (permalink) Thu Aug 18, 2011 14:45 pm   Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influ

Whether temperament which we are born with or experience various situations has an effect on our character or growing up arouse some controversy. From my point of view, both of them influence on our personality and development.
Firstly some psychologist like Cloninjer believe that people are born with four specific temperaments ( harm avoidance, novelty seeking, perseverance, reward dependence) which have a crucial role in forming the personality and how we get long with our family and other people. for instance one longitudinal research illustrated teenagers who have been more novelty seeker , they have had borderline personality, which is a personality disorder, when they have grown up. Which is why, it is really important to pay attention to the temperaments of children. Secondly people are inherited some traits which haven’t changed. However, they have experienced different situations and have acquired new things in their lives.
On the other hand, some theorists who are advocate of behavioral theories believe that the personality of individuals is made by encountering several conditions. For example Eskiner who is a famous behavioral psychologist said we have different characters because our parents provide specific situations for us; in the other words we are product of conditions which we have nurtured in. for instance parents who have gotten strict upbringing to their children, they might be have had sons or daughters with obsessive personality. therefore they don’t accept that traits which every person are born with determining personality or way of growing.
To sum up I think that nurture and nature, both of them, are the bases of the personality and development, we can not neglect each of them. In additions Parents should heed their children' s traits which are born with and provide best conditions for them.
Golish65

Topic: The world is experiencing a dramatic increase in population. This is causiIndependent essay: IndependenceIntegrated Essay: Altruistic behaviorWhat qualities are required of a good teacher?Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher.Please review my essay!!!qualities of a good parentIt is important know about events happening around the world but not related to Uimproving school is the most factor to successfully national development?People holding different views cannot achieve success as a team.Please give some advice. Thanks!Please correct my integrated essay: AIDS problems#69 If you could study a subject that you have never had the opportunity to study