lacking; empty
belligerent
devoid
incumbent
compendious

A good sense of humor is one of the most important human qualities.

TOEFLŪ essay about essential factors for success at work | subject such as art, music and drama should be a part of basic subject?
A good sense of humor is one of the most important human qualities. #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:42 am   A good sense of humor is one of the most important human qualities.

Hello, Kitosdad. I'm not sure about this one, because toefl timing is something ]catastrophical for me=) I try to eliminate mistakes after writing, but not sure if it works well

Do you agree or disagree? A good sense of humor is one of the most important human qualities.

Differences between the behavior and the way of talking make our life and communication more interesting. Some people like to see lively personages in their environment, but others prefer to communicate with serious human beings. Even though I cannot say that my sense of humor is very good, I love those people, who always have a good joke for each situation, and I find it not only funny, but also extremely useful characteristic too.

A good sense of humor makes it easier to a person to be at the centre of any company. Even the must boring party may be improved by a lively person. If I were wrong, there would not have existed professional actors, who are paid for making weddings and birthday parties funnier. People need in humor and sometimes we pay for it, when visit theaters, cinema or buy books.

Besides the good skill in talking funny stores, a good sense of humor means that a person can understand jokes of the other people. It makes him more communicative, and it is a very useful skill. For the simplest example, my boss in the last job usually made jokes about other people. I did not understand them and it made my job uncomfortable, so I dropped it.

Finally, I would love to talk about those people, whose sense of humor made them famous and made us remember them even after many years of their death. I mean writers, filmmakers and actors. For instance, Charley Chaplin contributed not only to cinema development, but to the mind of those people, who love and appreciate his unique talent now. His sense of humor was so good, that he did not need to use words to express himself perfectly.

In conclusion, I think that the good feeling of jokes and the possibility to put your own funny story into a right context are very useful skills, because they help us to find contacts with other people easily and make their life a little bit better.

Thank you for your attention

TOEFL listening discussions: What started this conversation?
Arseni

Location: Moscow

A good sense of humor is one of the most important human qualities. #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:15 pm   A good sense of humor is one of the most important human qualities.

Differences between the behavior and the way of talking make our LIVES and communication more interesting. Some people like to see lively personages in their environment, but others prefer to communicate with serious human beings. Even though I cannot say that my sense of humor is very good, I love those people, who always have a good joke for each situation, and I find it not only funny, but also AN extremely useful characteristic too.

A good sense of humor makes it easier FOR a person to be at the centre of any company. Even the must boring party may be improved by a lively person. If I were wrong, there would not have existed professional actors, who are paid for making weddings and birthday parties funnier. People need humor and sometimes we pay for it, when visitING theaters, cinemaS or BY buyING books.

Besides the good skill in talking funny stores, a good sense of humor means that a person can understand THE jokes of the other people. It makes him more communicative, and it is a very useful skill. For the simplest example, my boss in the last job usually made jokes about other people. I did not understand them and it made my job uncomfortable(.) so I dropped it.

Finally, I would love to talk about those people whose sense of humor made them famous(,) and made us remember them even after many years of AFTER their death. I mean writers, film-makers and actors. For instance, Charley Chaplin contributed not only to cinemaTIC development, but to the mindS of those people, who love and appreciate his unique talent now EVEN TODAY. His sense of humor was so good that he did not need to use words to express himself perfectly.

In conclusion, I think that the good feeling of jokes and the possibility to put your own funny story into a right context are very useful skills, because they help us to find MAKE contact with other people easily(,) and make TO their LIVES a little bit better.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Don't forget subject/verb agreement. My LIFE ... Their LIVES
The work was good.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
A good sense of humor is one of the most important human qualities. #3 (permalink) Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:28 pm   A good sense of humor is one of the most important human qualities.

I'll try. Thank you
Arseni

Location: Moscow

speeh 5mins on the topic of GROWING NATION want a main pointShould laws be rigid or flexible?Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should give tI hope this graph being corrected by Mr.kitiosWhich mode of transport do you prefer travelling by and why?Imagine that you are preparing for a trip. You plan to be away from your home forHow do movies and TV can influence people behaviour?Integrated. Ancient American peopleParents and teachersPPSTWriting: One clear sign that our society has improved over past 100 year...PPST Writing: Schools should require students to participate in field trips...Should students be skeptical about what they are taughtTOEFLŪ topic: Parents are the best teachers.