strong; solid; stable; fixed; immovable; determined
final
ample
firm
prior

Meaning of "change of heart"

Using preposition: away from | Altered vs changed
Meaning of "change of heart" #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 16, 2005 13:45 pm   Meaning of "change of heart"

ESL/EFL Test #79 "GMAT Vocabulary", question 5

Although the bank had turned down his application twice, they suddenly had a change of heart and decided to ......... to his request for a loan.

(a) accede
(b) access
(c) accrue
(d) adapt

ESL/EFL Test #79 "GMAT Vocabulary", answer 5

Although the bank had turned down his application twice, they suddenly had a change of heart and decided to accede to his request for a loan.

Correct answer: (a) accede

Although the bank had turned down his application twice, they suddenly had a change of heart and decided to adapt to his request for a loan.
_________________________

What does 'a change of heart' mean?

Deya
Deya Eviga

Change of heart #2 (permalink) Fri Dec 16, 2005 13:50 pm   Change of heart

Hi Deya,

Change of heart means you have changed your feelings in relation to a situation. It simply means you have changed your mind.

_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Verb limp vs paceWhat does an apple of your eye mean?Meaning of strayMeaning of hands onWhat does to stray in the dark mean?To take the bus to workWhat is the meaning of piece work?Meaning of as it happenedWhat is a water fountain?English proverb: The bigger they are the harder they fallBad to the bone vs. dry to the boneExpression: in two ticksWhat is to paper over the cracks?