superior; independent; self-governing
kaleidoscopic
turgid
apt
sovereign

Sense of competition in children should be encouraged?

Should laws be rigid or flexible? | Old friends is more important than new friends.
Sense of competition in children should be encouraged? #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:34 am   Sense of competition in children should be encouraged?

Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Today, in the modern world, if the children want to become success in the future, they should be taught the way to compete as well as co-operating with the other people surrounding them. The competition makes children more confident and creative, meanwhile co-operating with their friends helps them know that many works will be easily and quickly archived if they are together doing it. In my views, we should encourage children to be more self-made as well as understanding the values of co-operating. Lacking one of that two characteristics will lead to some serious problems when the children become adults.

Our world are becoming more and more competitive, and a sense of competition in children is a key factor to help them survival and success. Living in a competitive environment, children must know that if they want to keep up with or to overcome their peers , they should do more work-hard, invent new ideas and making innovation by themselves. For a personal development, this is a necessary stimulus. For example, I remembered when I was doing study at primary school, every lectures I was taught, my teachers always encourage working harder by giving a present for the person who had highest mark at his exam. All of us was absolutely interested in that and tried so much to get that award. By the time, we all made a remarkable progress and I though, the competition that my teachers gave us was really helpful.

However, a fact truth we all must admit is that people can live without other people. There will be really bad if the children fell too self-confident or proud about themselves. They may become selfish and may loose some social skills in communicating with others. The children are living together, they are working and learning with their friends most of their time. So, co-operating is also a main factor in an early age of children's life. No one is perfect, the children should learn from your friends, from working in team to archive the best results. When co-operating, they will recognize the weaknesses as well as strong points of themselves along with your friends and gradually improve the social skills from the work they have done.

Human beings are facing with more and more serious dangers such as epidemics diseases, global warming or environmental pollution, to continue growing and surviving we should collaborate with other people to overcome every thing that can damage our lives. We also fully prepare the basic working skills if there are no helps available. The children should develop both the sense of competition and the way of co-operating to become an useful adults for the community.

Good morning Kitosdad, here is my another essay, please check my work :D

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a professor and her student
Hieubtcoltech

Sense of competition in children should be encouraged? #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:02 am   Sense of competition in children should be encouraged?

Today, in the modern world, IN TODAY'S WORLD if the children want to become A success in the future, they should be taught the way to compete IN ADDITION TO LEARNING HOW TO co-operating COOPERATE with the other people surrounding them. The c Competition makes children more confident and creative, meanwhile co-operating with their friends helps them know that many works PROBLEMS will be easily and quickly archived OVERCOME if they ALL WORK together TO DO SO. In my VIEW, we should encourage children to be more self-made as well as understanding the values of co-operating. Lacking one of that THOSE two characteristics will lead to some serious problems when the children become adults.

Our world are IS becoming more and more competitive, and a sense of competition in children is a key factor to IN helpING them TO survivE and success PROSPER. Living in a competitive environment, children must know that if they want to keep up with(,) or to overcome their peers , they should do more HARD WORK, invent new ideas and CREATE innovation by themselves.
For personal development, this is a necessary stimulus. For example, I REMEMBER when I was doing studyING at primary school, every LECTURE I was taught, my teachers WERE always encouragING OUR working harder by giving a present for the person who had highest mark IN his exam. All of us was WERE absolutely interested in that(,) and WE tried so HARD to get that award. By the IN time we all made a remarkable progress(,) and I thoughT the competition that OUR teacher gave us was really helpful.

However, a fact truth we all must admit is that people can live without other people. There will IT WOULD be really bad if the children felT too self-confident or proud about themselves. They may become selfish and may LOSE some social skills in communicating with others. The children are living together, they are working and learning with their friends most of their time. So, co-operating is also a main factor in an early age of children'sLIVES. No one is perfect, AND the children should learn from your THEIR friends BY working in A team to archive ACHIEVE the best results. When co-operating, they will recognize the weaknesses as well as strong points of themselves along with your THEIR friends and gradually improve the social skills from the work they have done.

Human beings are BEING FACED with more and more serious dangers(,) such as epidemics, diseases, global warming or environmental pollution(.)
To continue growing and surviving we should collaborate with other people to overcome (everything) that can damage our lives. We also fully prepare the basic working skills if there IS no help available. The children should develop both the sense of competition and the way of co-operating to become an useful adults for the community.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good morning Hieubtcoltech. As you can see, your work needed many alterations to make it understandable. You are failing to review your work, or failing to learn from your previous errors. We are blessed with having many good writers here on the Forum from whom you can learn a lot. Read their finished work and try to gain some insight from how they write a good essay.

Kitos. 6.5/10
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Please I waiting for your correction kitos since 4 days agoSome people prefer to learn a foreign language in their country. While others...Student at university often have choice of place to live.How can you contribute the world?What do you think will your role be in development of nation?Divulge Our Own Secretsspeeh 5mins on the topic of GROWING NATION want a main pointWhen people succeed in life, it is because of hard work. Being lucky has nothingDo you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should give tI hope this graph being corrected by Mr.kitiosWhich mode of transport do you prefer travelling by and why?Imagine that you are preparing for a trip. You plan to be away from your home forHow do movies and TV can influence people behaviour?