attack; misdeed; insult; transgression
weight
sight
nuance
offence

turn over vs. turn around

What does 'off the hook' mean? | Argument vs. discussion
turn over vs. turn around #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:42 am   turn over vs. turn around

ESL/EFL Test #199 "Phrasal Verbs (T)", question 6

Bryan tapped Pauline on the shoulder so she would ......... and see the parade approaching behind them.

(a) turn in
(b) turn over
(c) turn around

ESL/EFL Test #199 "Phrasal Verbs (T)", answer 6

Bryan tapped Pauline on the shoulder so she would turn around and see the parade approaching behind them.

Correct answer: (c) turn around
_________________________

turn over
Trty

turn over vs. turn around #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:35 am   turn over vs. turn around

No, turn around. She is standing. If she were lying down then she might turn over.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Why smells and not is smelling?What's the meanig of pinch an inch.why we can not use the word ' imagining'.I dropped a dress size, it is simply meaning that to fit into dress.Meaning of piling on the poundsthe box is needed for all my thingsWould you like some more coffee? vs Do you like some more coffee?'Why' is the wrong option cause it is need an object. Is it right?In modern jurisdictions, the plaintiff's death before judgement terminates all...To gel a familyTo combine information to form a new perspective is called?Teaching TerminologyI spent a lot of money. vs I spend a lot of money.