list; evidence; best result ever attained; list of events or actions
record
disposition
industry
tenure

Meaning of hands on

Meaning of stray | What does an apple of your eye mean?
Meaning of hands on #1 (permalink) Sat Dec 17, 2005 16:07 pm   Meaning of hands on

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #2 "Hands on", question 10

I wouldn't say I never see eye to eye with my employers but sometimes they can make extraordinary demands.

(a) totally side
(b) totally work
(c) totally agree
(d) totally disagree

ESL/EFL Test #2 "Hands on", answer 10

I wouldn't say I never totally agree with my employers but sometimes they can make extraordinary demands.

Correct answer: (c) totally agree
_________________________

What is the meaning of the topic, 'Hands on'?

Deya
Deya Eviga

Meaning of 'hands on' #2 (permalink) Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:02 am   Meaning of 'hands on'

.
Hands-on = Involving active participation; applied, as opposed to theoretical: We're involved in hands-on operations, pulling levers, pushing buttons. Relating to, being, or providing direct practical experience in the operation or functioning of something (hands-on training); also, involving or allowing use of or touching with the hands (a hands-on museum display). Characterized by active personal involvement (a hands-on manager).

(Courtesy of M-W and Am. Heritage dictionaries)
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between believe in and trust inCow come homeHobble vs staggerWhat is the meaning of pace?Verb limp vs paceWhat does to stray in the dark mean?Meaning of "change of heart"To take the bus to workUsing preposition: away fromAltered vs changedWhat is the meaning of piece work?Meaning of as it happenedBad to the bone vs. dry to the bone