to reach; to achieve; to fulfill; to realize (a goal, purpose, etc.)
conclude
attain
pretend
converge

Meaning of piling on the pounds

I dropped a dress size, it is simply meaning that to fit into dress. | 'the car on question' vs 'the car in question'
Meaning of piling on the pounds #1 (permalink) Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:44 am   Meaning of piling on the pounds

ESL/EFL Test #844 "Dieting: Common Phrases (1)", question 10

I just saw Jenny and she is really piling on the .......... She must have gained a lot of weight since I saw her last.

(a) girth
(b) width
(c) pounds
(d) clothing lines

ESL/EFL Test #844 "Dieting: Common Phrases (1)", answer 10

I just saw Jenny and she is really piling on the pounds. She must have gained a lot of weight since I saw her last.

Correct answer: (c) pounds

I just saw Jenny and she is really piling on the girth. She must have gained a lot of weight since I saw her last.
_________________________

Dear Linda,
Can you help me, what is the meaning of piling on the pounds.
Savath
Savath

Meaning of piling on the pounds #2 (permalink) Thu Jun 17, 2010 16:19 pm   Meaning of piling on the pounds

piling on the pounds = gaining weight
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
green urgly cotton or urgly green cottonbritish word for kisspast tense vs present perfectthe most difficult vs the less difficultthis 17-year-old son vs his 17-year-old sonWhy smells and not is smelling?What's the meanig of pinch an inch.why we can not use the word ' imagining'.the box is needed for all my thingsWould you like some more coffee? vs Do you like some more coffee?'Why' is the wrong option cause it is need an object. Is it right?turn over vs. turn aroundWhen we are taking appatment and how can we speak?