to move heavily or awkwardly; to accumulate; to collect
lumber
fax
chain
incline

why we can not use the word ' imagining'.

What's the meanig of pinch an inch. | I dropped a dress size, it is simply meaning that to fit into dress.
why we can not use the word ' imagining'. #1 (permalink) Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:56 am   why we can not use the word ' imagining'.

ESL/EFL Test #844 "Dieting: Common Phrases (1)", question 6

I am trying to lose weight, so I am really ......... what I eat.

(a) touching
(b) viewing
(c) imagining
(d) watching

ESL/EFL Test #844 "Dieting: Common Phrases (1)", answer 6

I am trying to lose weight, so I am really watching what I eat.

Correct answer: (d) watching
_________________________

Dear Linda,
Could you explain to me please, why we can not use the word ' imagining'.
Savath
Savath

why we can not use the word ' imagining'. #2 (permalink) Thu Jun 17, 2010 16:00 pm   why we can not use the word ' imagining'.

Hi Savath,
'Watching what I eat' is a common phrase that means 'to monitor the amount of food I eat as well as my calorie/fat intake etc.'
Imagine means to come up with an idea in your mind; to use your imagination to think of something creative etc., so this choice doesn't make sense here.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
green urgly cotton or urgly green cottonbritish word for kisspast tense vs present perfectthe most difficult vs the less difficultthis 17-year-old son vs his 17-year-old sonWhy smells and not is smelling?Meaning of piling on the poundsthe box is needed for all my thingsWould you like some more coffee? vs Do you like some more coffee?'Why' is the wrong option cause it is need an object. Is it right?turn over vs. turn aroundIn modern jurisdictions, the plaintiff's death before judgement terminates all...To combine information to form a new perspective is called?