exit; electrical source for connecting appliances; store; shop; joint
corruption
outlet
affinity
expression

What does stroll mean?

Present simple after 'when'? | Using say in present tense
What does stroll mean? #1 (permalink) Mon Dec 19, 2005 15:28 pm   What does stroll mean?

ESL/EFL Test #66 "Synonyms for walk", question 5

The bus station is very close, you can ......... to it.

(a) stroll
(b) wander
(c) go
(d) walk

ESL/EFL Test #66 "Synonyms for walk", answer 5

The bus station is very close, you can walk to it.

Correct answer: (d) walk
_________________________

what does stroll means?
Ingolf

Stroll #2 (permalink) Mon Dec 19, 2005 15:58 pm   Stroll

Hi Ingolf,

Stroll means walk in a very casual way without any particular destination in mind. This is often used in the expression go for a stroll, which means walk just for the sake of walking but not in a hurry.

_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Stroll & wander #3 (permalink) Fri Nov 24, 2006 17:01 pm   Stroll & wander

What's the difference between stroll and wander, please?

Congratulations for the forum!!!
Moni

What does stroll means? #4 (permalink) Fri Nov 24, 2006 18:33 pm   What does stroll means?

'Stroll' as I have indicated above, means to go for a walk in a casual manner without having any definite destination. 'Wander' is again walk without any destination in mind but the emphasis is not on the way you walk but on the fact that you are probably lost or not sure where you are going. A sentence could be: We left the marked path in the forest and then decided to wander off to the right and very soon we realised that we were lost and had to use our mobile phone to get help.

_________________

The difference between "stroll" and "walk" #5 (permalink) Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:25 am   The difference between "stroll" and "walk"

Hi Torsten
I am listening your TOEIC listening exercises and I have a little question to do to you.
Can you please explain me the difference between "stroll" and "walk" As I understand well both of them are synonymes but I want to know when we use "stroll" and when "walk".
By Jona
Jonida

What does stroll mean? #6 (permalink) Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:13 am   What does stroll mean?

Hi Alan
I understood quite well now the difference between them.
Thanks a lot for your explanation
Jona
Jonida

walk the dog?What is a check-out lane?What does "we don't get to pick them" mean?an you imagine what our world would be likeCould you please explain what this sentence is about?Whats the meaning of until and so that?What does 'knock on' mean here?inside vs sideMeaning of budsIf you should need someone?What does "well-off" mean?Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year?Possessive pronouns vs. possessive adjectives