common; regular; ordinary
usual
valid
corrupt
susceptible

What does reading public mean?

Meaning of 'Once this disclosure is highlighted' | High profile and high drama
What does reading public mean? #1 (permalink) Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:37 am   What does reading public mean?

ESL/EFL Test #39 "State Secrets", question 8

Mind you it has to be a convincing article because the reading public can soon see through the ......... of a weak argument.

(a) clarity
(b) clearness
(c) transparency
(d) transparent

ESL/EFL Test #39 "State Secrets", answer 8

Mind you it has to be a convincing article because the reading public can soon see through the transparency of a weak argument.

Correct answer: (c) transparency
_________________________

Hi Alan
Can u do me a favour ? Please explain to me what does it mean that what does the sentene and the reading public mean?

Thanks a lot

Kelly
Kelly

What does reading public mean? #2 (permalink) Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:18 am   What does reading public mean?

Hi Kelly,

This sentence means: Of course it has to be an article that people believe in because people who read the article can quickly find out if it is a weak argument.

_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
What does reading public mean? #3 (permalink) Fri Aug 09, 2013 16:00 pm   What does reading public mean?

Since Transparency International exists in every country it helps to understand this word. What do they do? Monitors and publicizes corporate and political corruption in international development.

Little bit later:it's19:15

There is an international festival for the young, and I've just been watching the TV news. It happened an interesting coincidence, that Transparency International participated in "Sziget" festival and they tried to instruct the young that the Transparency International fight against the corruption. They said to the youth that in Hungary the people don't dare report the corruption because they fear from taking reprisal against them. They tried to instruct them why it is important to report the corruption. They don't have to fear from the reprisal because the Transparency International will defend them.
_________________

What is souvenirs?briefing vs. clearingWhat does proposed mean?English idiom: take out the trashWhat does tail mean?Introduce vs. enterMeaning of 'overrun'Meaning of 'come into force'Curb stealing in the countryConditional IIIWhat does this idiom mean: 'to get fired'?She looks like a star?What does wear thin mean?