dark; cloudy; gloomy
redoubtable
lachrymose
murky
tremulous

TOEFLŪ essay:You can learn a lot about people by the clothes they wear

Some people say that physical exercise should be a required part of every school | childhood is the happiest time of a person's life
TOEFL essay:You can learn a lot about people by the clothes they wear #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 27, 2010 18:20 pm   TOEFL essay:You can learn a lot about people by the clothes they wear

Topic: do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
You can learn a lot about people by the clothes they wear.
Essay:
Clothes are things which help us to be confident and more attractive when we appear in front of others. Through clothes we can make the bad or good impression for other people who we meet in the first time and show to them our style. However, in my opinion, I do not believe that we can learn a lot about people by the clothes, because the clothes can cheat our feeling, and to know a lot about other people we have to time to live and work beside them.

First of all, one aspect of clothes is to help people become more confident and attractive, so they can easy change their clothes in order to satisfy their feeling and fit with the specific situations that they will appear. In this way, their clothes can cheat our feeling about them and make us to analyze incorrectly about their character. For example, many famous singers or actors wear many beautiful clothes which make them like angels in the ceremonies or big entertainment events. However, behind the appearance with nice clothes, they can make a lot of scandals such as using drug and violence that we cannot imagine when we see them through their clothes.

Secondly, the clothes only give us little information about people such as their style or their age and maybe their job, and in order to know a lot about people, who we want to know, we should not judge through clothes. Instead of this, we should have time to work or live beside them. For example, at the time in the college, I had a friend, he came from countryside. In the first meeting, I thought that he do not know about modern life because he wore out of date fashion, but my thought was wrong. During the time we shared the dorm, he discussed with me a lot of information about the politics and the economy, and in this way he showed to me that he was very smart.

In brief, for all of reasons I mention above, I strongly support the opinion that we cannot judge about people by their clothes. Their clothes only give us little information, in order to know about them, we should spend time to talk or work with them.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture in the Social Sciences Department
Tung Lam

TOEFL essay:You can learn a lot about people by the clothes they wear #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 27, 2010 18:36 pm   TOEFL essay:You can learn a lot about people by the clothes they wear

Essay:
Clothes are things which help us to be confident and more attractive when we appear in front of others. Through clothes we can make A bad or good impression for other people who we meet FOR the first time and show to them our style. However, in my opinion, I do not believe that we can learn a lot about people by the clothes, because the clothes can cheat our feelingS, and to know a lot about other people we NEED TO have time to live and work beside them.

First of all, one aspect of clothes is to help people /become/FEEL/ more confident and attractive, so they can easILY change their clothes in order to satisfy their feelingS(,) and fit withIN the specific situations that they will appear. In this way, their clothes can /cheat/DECIEVE /our feelingS about them and make us analyze incorrectly about their character. For example, many famous singers or actors wear many /beautiful/MODERN/ clothes which make them APPEAR TO BE angels inceremonies or big entertainment events. However, behind theIR appearance with nice clothes, they can make a lot of scandal such as using drugS and RESORTING TO violence(.) That we cannot imagine when we see them through their clothes.

Secondly, the c Clothes only give us A Slittle information about people(,) such as their style or their old and maybe their jobS(.) and t To know a lot about people, who we want to know, we should not judge THEM through THE clothes THEY WEAR. Instead of this, we should have time to work or live beside them. For example, at the time in the college, I had a friend, he came from THE countryside. In the first meeting, I thought that he do not know about modern life because he wore out of date fashion, but my thought was wrong. During the time we shared the dorm, he discussed with me a lot of information about the politics and the economy, and in this way he showed to me that he was very smart.

In brief, for all of THE reasons I mention above, I strongly support the opinion that we cannot judge about people by their clothes. Their clothes only give us little information ABOUT THE REAL PERSON(.) In order to know about them, we should spend time to talk or work with them.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
This was way below your usual standard of work Tung Lam. Only a fair essay.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFL essay:You can learn a lot about people by the clothes they wear #3 (permalink) Sun Jun 27, 2010 18:44 pm   TOEFL essay:You can learn a lot about people by the clothes they wear

thanks Kitos, I had little time to prepare and write it. I will try in the next essay. Do you have any ideas about this topic? If you have time, please give me some comment about the reasons that I gave in each essay?
Tung Lam

How do movies or television influence people’s behavior?Changed class hours to compensate for lack of sleep. 0-6The merits of a national curriculum for schoolsStudents at universities often have a choice of places to live. They may choose tToeflŪ Topic 3-Please rate[Easier preparation of food improved the way of living?]Please check kitossessaySports vs LibrariesAll young adults should be required to do some sort of national service for theirplease rate my essay!Essay topic: Many families have important traditions that family members share.Rate my essay please! Thank you!ToeflŪ Topic 1 - Please rate [People attend college or university]