describing school and university activities; educated; scholastic
awry
sultry
ponderous
academic

It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents

It is better to be a member of a group than to be the leader of a group? | Some people prefer to spend their free time outdoors
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents #1 (permalink) Thu Jul 08, 2010 13:58 pm   It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents

It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or a musician.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Today, children all over the world have the opportunity to develop definite skills regarding music and sport. However, some people believe that only children born with certain talents can succeed to become an artist or a good sports person. Nonetheless, I believe that any child trained from an early age can become a successful sport player or instrument player.

Success in any form requires hard work. When very young children are trained everyday to become good sports players or musicians, throughout the years of hard work they will definitely develop certain skills which will help them to achieve success. Take as an example, the well-known tennis player, Rafel Nadal, who is a right-handed person, but when he started playing tennis his uncle forced him to hold the racket with the left hand. After years of training, he has become one of the best tennis players in the world. Looking at this example, it is clear that "practice makes perfect".

In contrast, however, there are some who claim that successful players are born with certain talents. This theory can be true just for vocal singers. Only a person who was bestowed by God with a beautiful voice can become an amazing singer. But even such a person has to train in order to learn how to control their voice and breath.

Taking this points into consideration, I agree with the fact that "success means ninety nine percent hard work and one percent talent". Needless to say, every person who has will and motivation can achieve their dream.

PS. I strongly believe that this is the worst theme for an essay subject.

TOEFL listening lectures: The lecturer uses the Gandara culture as an example of what?
Kitisoare

Location: Transilvania, Dracula's land

It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents #2 (permalink) Thu Jul 08, 2010 15:36 pm   It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents

.......................................................................................................................
So you decided to choose it Kiti. :-)

Well, it was certainly well written, although a little short. Nevertheless, it was good.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemSign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents #3 (permalink) Thu Jul 08, 2010 15:58 pm   It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents

That's why I said that it's the worst theme, cause I didn't really know what to write about!
Kitisoare

Location: Transilvania, Dracula's land

Living in a small town or a big cityPeople listen to music for different reasons and at different times. Why is musicTeamWork (Integrated 20 minute task)What price education?People naturally resist making changes in their lives.The best way to reduce the number of traffic accidents is to make all young driveindependent writingIntegrated essay!Some people prefer to spend their free time outdoors.Other people prefer to spendthank you~independent writing-- moneyMany people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think peopleThe expression "Never, never give up" means to keep trying and never stYour government is considering a new law that would limit the size of each class