having a common center; homocentric
amorous
avaricious
wonted
concentric

GRE® essay: All government, indeed every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue

GRE Practice tests Increase your GRE test score with
plus 3.750 GRE word flash cards
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GRE® Test
GRE® essay writing assessment with complete feedback | GRE® essay: People who pursue their own intellectual interests for purely per
GRE essay: All government, indeed every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue #1 (permalink) Fri Jul 09, 2010 19:38 pm   GRE essay: All government, indeed every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue

“All government, indeed every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue, and every prudent act is founded on compromise and barter”
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

We are living in a materialistic world where human emotions have little value. In this world, we as a human are easily driven by monetary and other selfish gains rather than the values of universal brotherhood. Man works for the welfare of others only if his interests are safeguarded.

The truth about the above statement is evident almost everywhere. The concept of making a compromise to promote the benefits of ourselves or our own people is an ancient one and we have been learning it since childhood. Rarely do we see a fond act or a generous donation being done out of goodwill.

To cite an example, consider the following. The Northern Himalayan Ranges harbors the three border lines of India, China and Pakistan; the high peaks however occupied by Pakistan. Relations between these countries have been amicable lately. The Pakistan Government has had trouble generating electricity and providing other necessary resources and services for its people living close to the border because of the inaccessibility and harsh weather of the Himalayas. They tried to set up power plants but failed every time they did so. Eventually they felt the need to export the technology and to do this they seek help from China. The Chinese Government agrees to help Pakistan by building Nuclear Power plants that would benefit not just a few villages around the border, but would serve almost a quarter of Pakistan’s population. The Chinese Government however demands something more than just a monetary return. They want to further their military access to the high terrain of Himalayas which is occupied by Pakistan. In doing so, the high peaks will serve as a vantage point for China in times of war.

After this event I often ask myself a few questions. Did the Chinese Government really wish to help Pakistan and its people? Or was it dreaming to fulfill its long awaited dream to own most of the Himalayan territory? This incident has taught me a great deal.

To conclude, I must say that almost all prudent acts are founded on compromise and barter. To some extent it is safe only as long as it doesn’t create nuisance and harm others. We must learn to be less selfish and more co-operative.
Nachikey

GRE Essay:“All government, indeed every human benefit and enjoyment, every vi #2 (permalink) Fri Jul 09, 2010 20:57 pm   GRE Essay:“All government, indeed every human benefit and enjoyment, every vi

We are living in a materialistic world where human emotions have little value. In this world, we as a human HUMANS are easily driven by monetary and other selfish gains, rather than the values of universal brotherhood. Man works for the welfare of others only if his OWN interests are safeguarded OR REWARDED.

The truth about the above statement is evident almost everywhere. The concept of making a compromise to promote the benefits of ourselves or our own people is an ancient one, and we have been learning it since childhood. Rarely do we see a fond act or a generous donation being done out of goodwill.

To cite an example, consider the following. The Northern Himalayan Ranges harbors the three border lines of India, China and Pakistan; the high peaks however ARE occupied by Pakistan. Relations between these countries have been amicable /lately/OF LATE/. The Pakistan Government has had trouble IN generating electricity and providing other necessary resources and services for its people living close to the border because of the inaccessibility and harsh weather of the Himalayas. They tried to set up power plants but failed every time they did so. Eventually they felt the need to export the technology and to do this they HAVE SOUGHT help from China. The Chinese Government agrees to help Pakistan by building Nuclear Power plants that would benefit not ONLY a few villages around the border, but would serve almost a quarter of Pakistan’s population. The Chinese Government however demands something more than just a monetary return. They want to further their military access to the high terrain of Himalayas which is occupied by Pakistan. In doing so, the high peaks will serve as a vantage point for China in times of war.

After this event I often ask myself a few questions. Did the Chinese Government really wish to help Pakistan and its people, or was it dreaming to fulfil its long awaited dream to own most of the Himalayan territory? This incident has taught me a great deal.

To conclude, I must say that almost all prudent acts are founded on compromise and barter. To some extent it is safe only as long as it doesn’t create nuisance and harm others. We must learn to be /less selfish/SELFLESS/ and more co-operative.
.......................................................................................................................
Excellent. (IMO.)
_________________

GRE Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 750 free GRE Vocabulary TestsGRE Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise GRE scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportGRE Practice Tests — Learn the most essential GRE vocabulary words you need to pass the GRE with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card system
ESL Forums | Preparation forum for the GRE® Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on GRE Test Forums
GRE® argument essay: North Americans should consider eating soy on a regular basisGRE® essay: should all faculty working outside the academic world?GRE® essay: The surest path to success for any enterprise is revitalizationGRE® essay:130 How children are socialized today determines the destiny ofGRE® essay: The department of agriculture in Batavia reports that the number...GRE® essay: To remain vigorous, any academic field needs to be led by truly indepEffect of UV rays on the population (GRE® argument)GRE® essay: a memorandum written by the director of personnel to the president...Some people believe that university students should be required to attend classesGRE® essay: A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory nearGRE® essay: Media v/s Tourism (Issue)People should think of the possible consequences of their actionsHelp: Need to improve verbal from 420 to 550 in a month