sudden notion or passing fancy; caprice; impulse
panacea
asylum
impropriety
whim

The twentieth century saw great change.

Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reason and exa | The expression “Never, never give up” means keep trying and never stop working
The twentieth century saw great change. #1 (permalink) Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:07 pm   The twentieth century saw great change.

The twentieth century saw great change. In your opinion, what is one change that should be remembered about the twentieth century? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice.

The twentieth century was a time of big changes and discoveries. Many things happened during this period, like the invention of the first computer, the invention of the internet or the landing on the Moon. Despite these significant discoveries and inventions, I think that the event which caused the most significant changes in our world was the World War II. I think that, because of several reasons.

First, this war was the biggest war ever. The World War II implicated in conflict many countries like England, Germany, Russia, USA, China, and many others. One of the results of this global war is that at the moment there is a new world order. Thus the winners in this conflict obtained many new territories which provide them new resources. Also the contracts which were signed at the end of this war provide new abilities to the winners. Another change is that the result of the war made some of the countries on the winning side, new world powers. Imagine that if the result of this war was other. If the winner in this war was the other side (Germany, Italy and China), how would the world look like?

Second, big change cause by this horrible event is the death of so many people. In this terrific war dozens of millions of people died. I think that this loss of physical and mental power is horrible. Imagine how many young people died there. People who were physically strong and really clever. They could definitely have the possibility to change our world.

In conclusion, I think that this is the most significant event in the history of the twentieth century, despite that the results of it are manly bad. But I also think that the World War II gave us a lesson which we should never forgive, that the life is priceless and it is foolish to lose it.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture in social science class
Todor_Bg

The twentieth century saw great change. #2 (permalink) Fri Jul 16, 2010 13:34 pm   The twentieth century saw great change.

The twentieth century was a time of big changes and discoveries. Many things happened during this period, like the invention of the first computer, the invention of the(I)nternet or the landing on the Moon. Despite these significant discoveries and inventions, I think that the event which caused the most significant changes in our world was the World War II. I think that, because of several reasons.

Second, big change causeD by this horrible event is the death of so many people. In this terrific HORRENDOUS war dozens of millions of people died. I think that this loss of physical and mental power is horrible. Imagine how many young people died there. People who were physically strong and really clever. They could definitely have HAD the possibility to change our world.

In conclusion, I think that this is the most significant event in the history of the twentieth century, despite that the results of it are maInly bad. But I also think that the World War II gave us a lesson which we should never forgive, that the life is priceless and it is foolish to lose it.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I liked this one TB. Well done.

Kitos. 8.5/10
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemLearn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
The twentieth century saw great change. #3 (permalink) Fri Jul 16, 2010 17:39 pm   The twentieth century saw great change.

Thank you for checking it! :)
Todor_Bg

Being creative, rather than planning carefullyHow does the increase in availability of information influences life in today.My favorite иookIt is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city?Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of timesPeople are living longer nowMany people have learned a foreign language in their own country, others have...Distance learning and online computer classes should replace classroom learning.A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your communiDo famous athletes and entertainers deserve high salaries?Can you rate Kito?Some people think children should study and play, other people think children...Some people prefer to work for a large company. Others prefer to work for a small