extreme; great; powerful; strong; profound
succinct
prevalent
intense
perennial

How important are free learning materials to you?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Why English is the AAA Language in the world? | How to learn English? (30/30 Challenge)

What do you think of free materials and services?
I only use materials when they are free.
41%
 41%  [ 207 ]
Most of the time I use free materials but sometimes I buy books, audio courses and language classes.
57%
 57%  [ 287 ]
I always pay for materials, products and services because they are of much better quality than free resources.
1%
 1%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 500

How important are free learning materials to you? #1 (permalink) Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:07 am   How important are free learning materials to you?

Hi everyone, the vast materials and services on our site are free. This means, you don't have to pay anything to use them. How important are free resources to you? What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of free materials? Most companies offer only paid products and services. Do you think those products and services are better than what you can get for free?

I look forward to reading and hearing your thoughts on this issue.
Many thanks,

TOEIC listening, question-response: How many copies of the report do you need?

How important are free learning materials to you? #2 (permalink) Wed Jul 21, 2010 13:26 pm   How important are free learning materials to you?

Torsten wrote:
Hi everyone, the vast materials and services on our site are free. This means, you don't have to pay anything to use them. How important are free resources to you? What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of free materials?
Hi Torsten,
To tell you the truth, I only use materials when they are free unless I am in dire need of them and I have to pay. Besides, I have paid a lot for English learning books and CD's so far and I will not...
There is no disadvantage.
:-)
Torsten wrote:
Most companies offer only paid products and services. Do you think those products and services are better than what you can get for free?
I believe that there is no difference whatsoever. Someone who wants to learn will learn from your great and helpful materials.
_________________
Who dares to teach must never cease to learn. -John Cotton Dana
Richard

Location: Malaysia (at present)

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
take #3 (permalink) Wed Jul 21, 2010 19:06 pm   take

Last year I bought a book on the American Accent and I've gleaned a lot of useful tips from it that I've put into operation. I bought it because it was one of a kind in a way and I felt that nothing offered free could substitute for it. To this day I think it was money well spent.
Also, I buy English literature (paperbacks) in my local book store, and read them.
So all in all I pay for some of the material I study with.

That is not to say that I will always choose paid material over free material. Sometimes when I need something and I find free material that satisfies my needs in every way, I will elect to get the free material. Suitability is what invariably has the last say in my decisions on whether go for free stuff or paid stuff.

That said, sometimes people give you a free peek into what they are offering, as bait, in an attempt to reel you in. And such free material is usually high quality material, intended to make a good impression on prospective buyers. That's how I ended up buying the book on the American Accent, because I saw on youtube a couple of lessons that were taken from this book, and I was left impressed by the lessons, so the next day I was filling out an order form for the book.
_________________

How important are free learning materials to you? #4 (permalink) Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:41 am   How important are free learning materials to you?

Dear All

There are two things that we should consider, first the disadvantages of free materials they will make you lazy to use them properly beacuse you did not spend anything on them, second one will not have opportunity to have proper tests that will evaluate someone whether he /she has learnt alot from free materials.
Wolmalueth

Finding out material that can be used for a group of elderly people in sort of le #5 (permalink) Mon Aug 02, 2010 14:34 pm   Finding out material that can be used for a group of elderly people in sort of le

Dear people,

I am a retired teacher of English. I am French. I am a member of two town twinnings with british towns. The people who contacted me are not all that keen to be faced with formal lessons. They had rather we used , say, games that could, together with set expressions such as, "Well,... I presume..., It could...," and plenty of others alike make up some sort of conversation and help them out when we travel over to Britain.

Has anyone ever come across this request ?

Yours,

Bervan.
Bervan

How important are free learning materials to you? #6 (permalink) Mon Aug 02, 2010 14:46 pm   How important are free learning materials to you?

Dear Sir,
My forum user name is Noren not Dinel though I can send & receive messages.
This could be the result of change in my old email address. Please review it.

Noren Lee

PS: I rarely use <dinel_drn@wlink.com.np>
Please note my email address <noren30@gmail.com> This one is my default address.
Dinel

How important are free learning materials to you? #7 (permalink) Mon Aug 02, 2010 15:00 pm   How important are free learning materials to you?

Hello Noren,

It looks as if you have opened two accounts, because you have posts under both names separately.
Please log out of the account where you are named Dinel and log back in using the 'Noren' username and appropriate password. As long as you stick to those login details, there should not be a problem.

It is not advisable to post personal details such as e-mail addresses on public forums, so you might want to edit your post and remove them.
_________________

How important are free learning materials to you? #8 (permalink) Mon Aug 02, 2010 15:59 pm   How important are free learning materials to you?

hi all
I really appreciate your help.Providing free materials is very important for english learners as most of them can't afford english classes.
thanks a million
abderrahim
Abderrahim

How important are free learning materials to you? #9 (permalink) Mon Aug 02, 2010 19:25 pm   How important are free learning materials to you?

DEAR Torsten
I really want to thank you alot . I dont think that course could enhance the student level in English, if he doesn't work much .
person who want to study English , should try to learn by himself , by many ways like radio ,some useful TV , magazine and books.
but I think some valuable book can be more significant for study but you should bay it .
i am now going to preper for TOEFL test in 14 August please Mr Torsten advice .if there are any method to get score like 570 and 5 in TWE.
best regard .
Frhad_100

Location: IRAQ

How important are free learning materials to you? #10 (permalink) Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:52 am   How important are free learning materials to you?

Dear all,
I agree with Mr. Frhad that people should try themselves if they want to learn English despite of free or not. And of course they will success.
Bermet

How important are free learning materials to you? #11 (permalink) Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:10 am   How important are free learning materials to you?

Respected Beees,
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. You really are helpful & friendly. Thanks once again, from the depths my heart, to you.

Noren
_________________
A person who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
Noren

Location: NEPAL

How important are free learning materials to you? #12 (permalink) Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:16 am   How important are free learning materials to you?

hi i am Azmat from pakistan i agree all these learner.my problem is that i am jobless so i prefer to free courses.
Azmat Ali

How important are free learning materials to you? #13 (permalink) Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:28 am   How important are free learning materials to you?

Hi Azmat,
From your post, what I have inferred is that you want to better your English (both written & spoken). This is the best platform to learn English, aside from many other stuff. So, you must keep on coming with your questions, doubts etc. related to English usage.

Noren
_________________
Noren

Location: NEPAL

How important are free learning materials to you? #14 (permalink) Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:54 am   How important are free learning materials to you?

Hello Everyone,

By the way, what I can say about this question is that, the word FREE has a varieties of meaning.
There are some of the websites, which always begin with the word FREE, but at the end, they would ask for your masterCARD.
But I hope this is not going to be the same thing. Maximum thanks to those Campanies who are supporting this programme.

Omario
Omario

Location: France

How important are free learning materials to you? #15 (permalink) Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:14 am   How important are free learning materials to you?

Hi everybody,

I am a regular user of English-test.net. Their materials for studies are very good. Different type of study materials are available. This will help everyone to improve their English.

Rani Tomy
Ranitomy

Please read it and correct the mistakeshow to prepare for speaking test in toeflŪSunbathing can be dangerousCould anyone suggest some podcasts or sites to learn about stress and intonation?Don't,Mobile phone scamApologies.Grammar scolds unite!Staying Alive!Would you surrender it to ?How does a drive-through bank work?Forgotten times.How important are free learning materials to you?, page 7