fearful; worried; worrisome; eager; keen
rotten
careful
anxious
scatterbrained

What's my score?

What does "approaching" mean in this context? | What is a real account?
What's my score? #1 (permalink) Sat Jul 24, 2010 20:34 pm   What's my score?

"It turns out that Mrs. Banks committed the crime. Apparently, she and the victim had been in a relationship together in high school. He became disenfranchised with her after she repeatedly stalked him at school and he. subsequently, ended the relationship. Years later, he got married but she, apparently, held on to some kind of twisted hope that they would get back together. Once she found him unwilling to leave his wife, she shot him. I guess that old ......... die hard," Police Inspector Jones said to the chief.

(a) liaisons
(b) scandals
(c) flames
(d) yearnings

"It turns out that Mrs. Banks committed the crime. Apparently, she and the victim had been in a relationship together in high school. He became disenfranchised with her after she repeatedly stalked him at school and he. subsequently, ended the relationship. Years later, he got married but she, apparently, held on to some kind of twisted hope that they would get back together. Once she found him unwilling to leave his wife, she shot him. I guess that old flames die hard," Police Inspector Jones said to the chief.

Correct answer: (c) flames
_________________________

i want to stop and know my score
English Learner

What's my score? #2 (permalink) Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:46 am   What's my score?

Ok, then hit the "CHECK YOUR SCORE" button at the bottom of the test.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
What is a graphic movie?What does 'to be on a roll' mean?What is a fishing expedition?What does know all the tricks mean?The oldest trick in the book?What is 'an old hat'?What does just as good mean?just after vs. right afterwhat's the meaning of business end?meaning of "put out"when do we use present perfect?What's the difference between present perfect andResign vs. surrenderMeaning of excursion