Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

fearful; worried; worrisome; eager; keen
rotten
careful
anxious
scatterbrained
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What's my score?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does "approaching" mean in this context? | What is a real account?
listening exercisestell a friend
What's my score? #1 (permalink) Sat Jul 24, 2010 20:34 pm   What's my score?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #543 "English Slang Idioms (144)", question 1

"It turns out that Mrs. Banks committed the crime. Apparently, she and the victim had been in a relationship together in high school. He became disenfranchised with her after she repeatedly stalked him at school and he. subsequently, ended the relationship. Years later, he got married but she, apparently, held on to some kind of twisted hope that they would get back together. Once she found him unwilling to leave his wife, she shot him. I guess that old ......... die hard," Police Inspector Jones said to the chief.

(a) liaisons
(b) scandals
(c) flames
(d) yearnings

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #543 "English Slang Idioms (144)", answer 1

"It turns out that Mrs. Banks committed the crime. Apparently, she and the victim had been in a relationship together in high school. He became disenfranchised with her after she repeatedly stalked him at school and he. subsequently, ended the relationship. Years later, he got married but she, apparently, held on to some kind of twisted hope that they would get back together. Once she found him unwilling to leave his wife, she shot him. I guess that old flames die hard," Police Inspector Jones said to the chief.

Correct answer: (c) flames

i want to stop and know my score
English Learner

What's my score? #2 (permalink) Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:46 am   What's my score?

Ok, then hit the "CHECK YOUR SCORE" button at the bottom of the test.
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
What does "approaching" mean in this context? | What is a real account?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What is a graphic movie?What does 'to be on a roll' mean?What is a fishing expedition?What does know all the tricks mean?The oldest trick in the book?What is 'an old hat'?What does just as good mean?just after vs. right afterwhat's the meaning of business end?meaning of "put out"when do we use present perfect?What's the difference between present perfect andResign vs. surrenderMeaning of excursion