Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

levy; fee
journalist
tax
fluctuation
spread
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

"Experimental result" vs "experiment result"

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
finish | The 10 Best Questions to Break the Ice and Practice English
listening exercisestell a friend
"Experimental result" vs "experiment result" #1 (permalink) Tue Jul 27, 2010 17:52 pm   "Experimental result" vs "experiment result"

Hi,

What are the differences of "experimental results" and "experiment results"?

Thanks
Nichamonn

"Experimental result" vs "experiment result" #2 (permalink) Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:25 am   "Experimental result" vs "experiment result"

Well, the first doesn't quite make sense, since results come from an experiment; they are not experimental in themselves, but I suppose some speakers might use the phrase to mean the same as the other. I suggest 'the results of the experiment', however.

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
"Experimental result" vs "experiment result" #3 (permalink) Wed Jul 28, 2010 16:25 pm   "Experimental result" vs "experiment result"

Thank you. :)
Nichamonn

finish | The 10 Best Questions to Break the Ice and Practice English
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
CommonalitiesWhat does redoubtable mean?What is the difference between colon and semicolon?CHECK WRITING TASK TWO please...A spot of that sherry might be nicedifference between spend and spentuse of couldThe hunter...GaneshUse of "hornet's nest"corrupt briberyWhat does "ad hoc" means?"much" for positive"I'm bad at sth" or "I'm bad in sth"?