in abundance; fertile; highly productive
teeming
bucolic
cadaverous
sagacious

Has the media paid too much attention to celebrities?

Doing new things. | could you please check and rate my essay for the first time?
Has the media paid too much attention to celebrities? #1 (permalink) Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:53 am   Has the media paid too much attention to celebrities?

Topic: Has the media paid too much attention to celebrities?

With the development of amusement industry, there are many programs including a lot of information, and among them the personal lives of the celebrities are almost the highlights. I, however, strongly believe that the mass medias should not keeping too much to these people for many following reasons

The first reason why the mass medias should not pay too much attention to celebrities might be the negative effects on the public. In the modern day, the explosion of entertainment industry and television technology has resulted in many stars in a lot of aspects such as music, cinema, sports, or television game shows. As a result, the numbers of the audiences, who admire these stars, have increased substantially. Paying too much attention to their idols might affects the fans’ lives adversely. It can be stated that most of fans are teenagers or students, who are just young and dreamy. They may feel attractive and charming about the gorgeous lives of their idols. Tracing their idols day-to-day, these crazy fans can be distracted from their attention from their own lives their work and studying career. On the other hand, fans might tend to imitate the bad behaviours or lifestyles of some celebrities, or get disappointed, leading to feel gloomy or do not believe in the life.

Another reason is that keeping eyes on the celebrities is also an interference to them. Everyone has their own lives and their secrets that they have right to keep it in their minds and not to tell it to others. Thus, the mass medias, who want to draw their spectators and increase their revenue, often try to pick to pieces shortcomings in the celebrities' private lives. These stars are concerned about their whole lives and such silly things such as what they eat, what they do in their spare time, or even who they love. Many celebrities express their unpleasant or angry feelings because of a lot paparazzi, who always follow them. Nobody want to live a life without any privacy, even these public figures. In a competitive environment, these stars have endured many pressures from their peers and work, but now they also have to be pressed by mass medias, public opinions, and especially from their own fans. The urge of desire becoming perfect in front of their fans’ eyes and enormous workload makes these stars get stressed out and worn –out. As a result, when they meet failures, scandals, or trouble in their private lives, they might tend to decline. In many cases, especially in Korea, some stars even kill himself as an avoidance of everything.

Although the mass medias help the public know more about these famous people, it also interrupt their lives and bring many negative effects to fans. I do support that the mass media should not pay too much attention to these celebrities

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students in a chemistry class
Bk1607

Has the media paid too much attention to celebrities? #2 (permalink) Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:05 am   Has the media paid too much attention to celebrities?

With the development of THE amusement industry, there are many programs THAT includE a lot of information, and among them the personal lives of the celebrities are almost the highlights. I however, strongly believe that the mass media's should not keeping PAY too much ATTENTION to these people for THE following reasons

The first reason why the mass media's should not pay too much attention to celebrities might be the negative effects on the public. In the modern day, the explosion of THE entertainment industry and television technology has resulted in THE RISE OF many stars in a lot of aspects such as music, cinema, sports, or television game shows. As a result OF THIS , the numbers of the audiences, who admire these stars, have increased substantially. Paying too much attention to their idols might affects the fans’ lives adversely. It can be stated that most of THESE fans are teenagers or students, who are just young and dreamy. They may feel attractED and charmED about the gorgeous lives of their idols. Tracing their idols day-to-day, these crazy fans can be distracted from their attention from their own lives(,) their work(,) and studying career. On the other hand, fans might tend to imitate the bad behaviours or lifestyles of some celebrities, or get disappointed, leading to feelING gloomy or do not believe in the life.

Another reason is that keeping eyes on the celebrities is also an interference to them. Everyone has their own lives and their secrets that they have A right to keep in their minds and not to tell it to others. Thus, the mass media's, who want to draw their spectators and increase their revenue, often try to pick to pieces shortcomings in the celebrities' private lives. These stars are concerned about their whole lives and such silly things such as what they eat, what they do in their spare time, or even who they love. Many celebrities express their unpleasant or angry feelings because of a lot paparazzi, who always follow them. Nobody want to live a life without any privacy, even these public figures. In a competitive environment, these stars have endured many pressures from their peers and work, but now they also have to be pressed by mass media's, public opinions, and especially from their own fans. The urge of desire TO APPEAR perfect in front of their fans’ eyes and THE enormous workload makes these stars get stressed out and worn –out. As a result, when they meet failures, scandals, or trouble in their private lives, they might tend to decline. In many cases, especially in Korea, some stars even kill THEMSELVES as an avoidance of everything.

Although the mass medias help the public know more about these famous people, it also interruptS their lives and bringS many negative effects to fans. I do support that the mass media should not pay too much attention to these celebrities
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good Bk.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHow many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
As the world becomes technologically advanced, computers are replacing more...Please rate my essay: Why Study Abroad?Nuclear familyIn general, people are living longer nowImproving my communityplease rate me my essay advance thanks for evaluatingTest 1global warming and solutionDoes the study of history place too much emphasis on individuals?Does the study of history place too much emphasis on individuals?children with televisionRe-doplease rate my essay!