poise; composure; dignity; aplomb
hyperbole
equanimity
fallacy
masquerade

Please rate my essay: Your Home Town!

topic36:to introduce my country | # Toefl® Essay # Technology has made the world a better place to live...
Please rate my essay: Your Home Town! #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:32 am   Please rate my essay: Your Home Town!

TOPIC: Tell something about your hometown. What do you think people would like and dislike about visiting your town or city? Why? Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.

My hometown is Sa Pa- a district in the Lao Cai province in northwest Vietnam. Since Vietnam opens its door to the world, Sa Pa has attracted a lot of foreign tourists because of its unique climate, landscape and the life style of people here. Tourists who have come here are all fascinated by everything except for the accommodations.

Sa Pa’s landscape has many features of a mountainous region. It is surrounded by beautiful valleys and stepped paddy fields, where people cultivate their crops all year around. As Sa Pa has a highly seasonal climate, the scenery here changes continuously. In spring, people who visit here can see peach blossom everywhere, and in winter, snow appears in some highest peaks just like in Europe region. Moreover, in Sa Pa, tourists can also meet many tribal people. By visiting their houses which are hidden behind the mountains, tourists will be able to buy some traditional handicrafts or Luna wine, a kind of wine that has the unique taste of early rice. For many people, visiting these tribal people’s houses very fascinated is also because they can witness the way of life that hasn’t changed for generations of these tribal people. That, for example, although nowadays there are many tourists visit Sa Pa and wear western clothes, H’mong girls still wear strips of indigo cloth as leggings, and stunning silver hooped bangles around their necks and arms, what are all their traditional costumes. One more thing that makes people love Sa Pa is the Love Market. That every Saturday night, boys and girls from villages gather in here. They sing songs for finding their girl friends, boy friends and this creates a very romantic and somehow busy atmosphere under the dim light of the moon.

Besides many features, Sa Pa also has a drawback that its accommodations is still in poor condition. Also having welcomed tourist for a long time, Sa Pa does not have many good hotels due to its remote location. Many businessmen still hesitate to invest in here as they do not believe in Sa Pa’s potentials. That is why many tourists have complained about hotels in Sa Pa for their lack of basic facilities.

In short, Sa Pa is a tourist attraction that has both pros and cons. Its inadequate accommodations might make people vacillate to come there. However, I believe that other features of Sa Pa can outweigh its shortcoming and make it a more and more interesting place for every tourist.

TOEFL listening discussions: Where does this conversation probably take place?
Hatung94

Location: Hanoi

Please rate my essay: Your Home Town! #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:18 am   Please rate my essay: Your Home Town!

TOPIC: Tell something about your home-town. What do you think people would like and dislike about visiting your town or city? Why? Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.

My hometown is Sa Pa- a district in the Lao Cai province in northwest Vietnam. Since Vietnam HAS openED its doorS to the world, Sa Pa has attracted a lot of foreign tourists because of its unique climate, landscape and the life style of people here. Tourists who have come here are all fascinated by everything except for the accommodations.

Sa Pa’s landscape has many features of a mountainous region. It is surrounded by beautiful valleys and stepped paddy fields, where people cultivate their crops all year ROUND. As Sa Pa has a highly seasonal climate, the scenery here changes continuously. In spring, people who visit here can see peach blossom everywhere, and in winter, snow appears in some OF THE highER peaks just like in EuropeAN regionS. Moreover, in Sa Pa, tourists can also meet many tribal people. By visiting their houses which are hidden behind the mountains, tourists will be able to buy some traditional handicrafts or Luna wine, a kind of wine that has the unique taste of early rice. For many people, visiting these tribal people’s houses IS very fascinatING(.) is also because They can witness the way of life that hasn’t changed for generations FOR these tribal people. That, for example, although Nowadays there are many tourists WHO visit Sa Pa and wear western clothes(.) H’mong girls still wear strips of indigo cloth as leggings, and stunning silver hooped bangles around their necks and arms(.) THESE are all OF their traditional costumes. One more thing that makes people love Sa Pa is the Love Market. That e Every Saturday night, boys and girls from villages gather here. They sing songs for finding their girl friends, boy friends and this creates a very romantic and somehow busy atmosphere under the dim light of the moon.

Besides ITS many WONDERFUL features, Sa Pa also has a drawback IN that its accommodations ARE still in A poor condition. Also IN SPITE OF having welcomed touristS for a long time, Sa Pa STILL does not have many good hotels due to its remote location. Many businessmen still hesitate to invest in here as they do not believe in Sa Pa’s potential. That is why many tourists have complained about hotels in Sa Pa for their lack of basic facilities.

.............................................................................................................................
A very descriptive essay Hatung.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemSign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Please rate my essay: Your Home Town! #3 (permalink) Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:50 am   Please rate my essay: Your Home Town!

IN SPITE OF having welcomed tourist for a long time, Sa Pa STILL does not have many good hotels due to its remote location.

tourists?
Tofu

Please rate my essay: Your Home Town! #4 (permalink) Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:52 am   Please rate my essay: Your Home Town!

One more thing that makes people love Sa Pa is the Love Market. Every Saturday night, boys and girls from villages gather here.

there?
Tofu

Please rate my essay: Your Home Town! #5 (permalink) Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:52 am   Please rate my essay: Your Home Town!

Thank you Tofu for your corrections. Keeps me on my toes. :-)
_________________

knowledgePlease give feedback..Thank you in advance!:)Hello, Kitos, look at it please :}Should people do things that they do not like?People are living longer now discuss this phenomenonHi please rate and correct my essay:living in a big city or small one?Do you like to do things quickly or slowly?please rate my essay!Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your moMy hometownsupport /opposeMy essay - about the world cup in Brazil - please, rate it!The best way to travel is in a group led by a tour guide