greater number or part; number greater than half of the total
discard
majority
regulations
anniversary

What is the difference between concept and idea?

Meaning of 'Take it easy' | We'll have to agree to disagree.
What is the difference between concept and idea? #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:32 am   What is the difference between concept and idea?

ESL/EFL Test #297 "Advice", question 9

Sean: I'm going to Egypt next month. Do you have any ......... for me?
David: Yes, I do. Let's meet for a beer and I'll tell you what I know about the place.

(a) idea
(b) advice
(c) concept
(d) submissions

ESL/EFL Test #297 "Advice", answer 9

Sean: I'm going to Egypt next month. Do you have any advice for me?

Correct answer: (b) advice
_________________________

Dear all
would you explaine more about the word,
when I can use the word in the following:
- Idea
- Advice
- cocept
- submission

Best regard
Kingmany
Kingmany

Test incompl/elem-297, Answer 9 #2 (permalink) Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:15 am   Test incompl/elem-297, Answer 9

An idea is a thought about how to do or accomplish something.

I have an idea. Since you're creative, your new hobby should be graphic design.

Advice is a suggestion, especially for a matter of at least some importance.

A: Do you have any advice on how I should pick my university? B: My advice is that you choose the best education at the most affordable price.

A) A concept is a more complex idea that entails vision. It's similar to "theme." B) It is also a method of thinking behind something.

A) 1) I have a concept for a new magazine. It will target young people and offer detailed information on travel. 2) The artist's new video has an interesting concept, fusing the plots of movies "Kill Bill" and "Thelma and Louise."

B) 1) Bill had a thorough command of grammatical concepts. He could explain the logic behind any punctuation decision or why complements and not objects followed linking verbs. 2) She failed to grasp basic mathematical concepts, such as addition of negative numbers, so she was unable to answer the algebraic questions correctly.

A submission is an opinion offered for consideration.

I submit that nuclear arms ought to be abolished.
Mordant

Location: United States

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Should vs. should'veOne other thing?Where does the liability arise from?In due course?Is cowardly an adjective?So what do you know about prepositions?What does this phrase mean: It was a tie?Can be able vs. should be ableWhat does moss mean?encourage vs. thinkOutlive natural distasters?What does slither mean?What does 'sequence' mean?