outcome of another event; consequence; branch; bough
armistice
ramification
felicity
attribute

Plants can provide food, shelter, clothing, or medicine. What is one kind of plan

Do you prefer large university or small university? Use specific reasons and exam | People are living longer. Why?
Plants can provide food, shelter, clothing, or medicine. What is one kind of plan #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 08, 2010 17:32 pm   Plants can provide food, shelter, clothing, or medicine. What is one kind of plan

Plants can provide food, shelter, clothing, or medicine. What is one kind of plant that is important to you or the people in your country? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice.

There are a vast numbers of plants around us that bring us a various advantages such as food, materials, or herbals. However, in my opinion, bamboo is the most familiar plant to people in my country. During the long Vietnamese history, Vietnamese people used bamboo in many purposes such as materials, weapon, and so on. I can say that bamboo has become the symbol plant of Vietnam.

First, bamboo was attached to the long Vietnamese history, especially in the Vietnam War periods. It was planted around Vietnamese villages in order to make a great range of ramparts or fortifications. It means Vietnamese people could take advantages of bamboo as a useful natural defense to protect them from lethal weapons and enemy. Bamboo also was used to make home-made weapon such as spike-trap, sticks, canes, and arrows. In a short time, a skilled peasant can make a dozen of arrows and spike because bamboo is very flexible and durable. Thanks to bamboo, Vietnamese people can protect themselves from the warlike enemies and fortify the sovereignty of my country.

Second, bamboo has been used to make a lot of handicraft. In fact, there are a hundred of traditional trade villages in Vietnam which are very famous in making different kinds of handicrafts and most of them are made by bamboo. For example, in my hometown, people use bamboo to make baskets and other necessary utensils which are very important tools in Vietnamese families. Those tools are used in kitchen to prepare and cook food, in dinning rooms as decorative things, AND IN BED ROOM AS BEDS. Furthermore, souvenirs made from bamboo are very beautiful and cheap that many foreigner people GOING to Vietnam CHOOSE IT AS a GIFT FOR THEIR RELATIONS.

Last but not least, bamboo is the main material to build house in Vietnamese village. Thanks to the flexibility and durability of bamboo, people in my country use them to build a lot of house. Bamboo materials are cheap and available EVERYWHERE so people used to use it as the main material to build things they want. In addition, the houses built by bamboo material are very suitable with the weather in Vietnam; they are often cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Besides, many restaurants are using bamboo to make them more unique and natural because when people look into the restaurant, they can have the feeling like they are at home or in the natural environment.

In summary, although there are still many useful plants around us, bamboo is still the most familiar and useful plant of people in my country. It is the Vietnamese symbol and will be the Vietnamese symbol forever.

Please give me some precious advice. I will very appreciate it!

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor on the possibility of life on Mars
_________________
Talent is the God given-Be Humble!
Fame is man given-Be thankful!
Conceit is self given-Be careful!
-John Wooden-
Coolapple

Location: Moon

Please rate my essay, thx~Traveling to a different country is both exciting and frustrating. Give advice...You have the opportunity to visit a foreign country for two weeks. Which countryWhy do you think some people are attracted to dangerous sports or others dangerouUrgent! New essay needs to be well caredplease correct my essayA new member essay!What do you do for good health?Please rate my essy. (Thank you very much in advance)Argument 5: Should reduce price to gain more reader and advertising contracts?Students should not take part-time jobs while they are studying in universities?please rate my essayEssay: follow local customs or welcome cultural differences