signature on a money order such as a check
address
endorsement
engine
extract

Meaning of "I'm doing fine"

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Word order in indirect questions | Get used to vs. get held to
Meaning of "I'm doing fine" #1 (permalink) Mon Jan 16, 2006 17:07 pm   Meaning of "I'm doing fine"

ESL/EFL Test #59 "Chit Chat: On the phone", question 3

Woman: Me? Oh, I'm doing ........., thank you and you?

(a) good
(b) fine
(c) healthy
(d) fit

ESL/EFL Test #59 "Chit Chat: On the phone", answer 3

Woman: Me? Oh, I'm doing fine, thank you and you?

Correct answer: (b) fine
_________________________

I have seen people "I am doing well" but there is no option like that.

Leonard Sillas
Leonard Sillas

I'm doing fine - idiom #2 (permalink) Mon Jan 16, 2006 17:16 pm   I'm doing fine - idiom

In conversation I'm doing fine simply means I am well.

_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "I'm doing fine" #3 (permalink) Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:37 am   Meaning of "I'm doing fine"

also "I'm doing good" sounds right. doesn't it?
Udaykiranb

Fine vs doing good #4 (permalink) Mon Jul 28, 2008 16:32 pm   Fine vs doing good

Dear Mr. Alan,
I used to hear people saying ," I am doing good " , "I am doing fine", I am doing well","I am fine", "I am OK", "I am pretty well", "I feel good" , "I am just fine", "I feel terrific" etc. Can you please tell me which all are not the correct usage?

Regards
Mallinathan
Mallinathan

Meaning of "I'm doing fine" #5 (permalink) Mon Jul 28, 2008 16:42 pm   Meaning of "I'm doing fine"

Hi, Mallinathan

I can tell you that "I'm doing well" is a correct usage in the USA
People also say "I'm doing good" and this is perfectly natural, but grammarians consider it incorrect. (and since this site preaches only proper grammar, "good" is not the correct answer)
My former teacher from the USA told me that.

I am doing good #6 (permalink) Tue Jul 29, 2008 16:07 pm   I am doing good

Hello, Mr. Soul
I don't konw how to salute you,but thanks for your answer.

Regards
Mallinathan
Mallinathan

Meaning of "I'm doing fine" #7 (permalink) Tue Jul 29, 2008 16:13 pm   Meaning of "I'm doing fine"

Hi Mallinathan

Do you want to know which responses are appropriate after a simple greeting (i.e. after "Hi, how are you", for example)?
.
_________________

Meaning of "I'm doing fine" #8 (permalink) Tue Jul 29, 2008 16:16 pm   Meaning of "I'm doing fine"

Off-topic @ lost_soul:

By the way, Alex, your signature appears to be malfunctioning again.
.
_________________

I am doing good #9 (permalink) Tue Jul 29, 2008 18:17 pm   I am doing good

mallinathan wrote:
Hello, Mr. Soul

Hi, Mallinathan

You can call me Alex, and you're welcome :)

Hi, Amy

My signature works on and off. E.g. sometimes when I post a message it apears at the foot of the post and sometimes it doesn't. I'm at the end of my wits, :) maybe Slava can kindly look into the matter and find out why it happens :?

After Hi, how are you? What next? #10 (permalink) Thu Jul 31, 2008 13:36 pm   After Hi, how are you? What next?

Hi Amy,
Definitely I would like to know from you. After Hi, how are you? Which response is formal and which one is informal?
Regards
Mallinathan
Mallinathan

Meaning of "I'm doing fine" #11 (permalink) Wed Aug 20, 2008 16:29 pm   Meaning of "I'm doing fine"

Nice to meet a native speaker of Russia here, because I speak Russia as well, Alex :). Do you live in Russia for the time being or in England?
And the question to Alan or to anyone who can explain the following: I've never heard the expression "thank you and you" (I mean that doubled you in it).

Best wishes

Maryann
Maryann

Location: Ukraine

Meaning of "I'm doing fine" #12 (permalink) Wed Aug 20, 2008 17:21 pm   Meaning of "I'm doing fine"

This would be said with a question inference:

Thank you and you? suggesting: and how are you?

_________________

Meaning of "I'm doing fine" #13 (permalink) Wed Aug 20, 2008 20:55 pm   Meaning of "I'm doing fine"

Oh, now I understand, Alan. In daily speech we can express the meaning of our words by intonation and there just was no question-mark in a sentence, that's why I was confused about it. Thank you :)

Take care

Maryann
Maryann

Location: Ukraine

Meaning of "I'm doing fine" #14 (permalink) Wed May 06, 2009 20:25 pm   Meaning of "I'm doing fine"

hello respected teachers,
please tell me what's the difference between> I'm fine,I'm doing fine, I'm good,and I'm doing well?
by the way many of my friends from USA used to say like "I'm doing good!" but I didnt know it was wrong!till now :(
Amalmusica

Meaning of "I'm doing fine" #15 (permalink) Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:00 am   Meaning of "I'm doing fine"

hi Amalmusica,
you have a good voice i like. Could you tell me how you can this? thank you very much.
Pmoon

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
The meaning of 'roll class'?to audition for a role?meet with somebody vs. meet somebodyWhy use "all of the flowers" instead of "all the flowers"?route vs. root'as soon as' vs 'when'It can be like this know? Make vs. madeUn-hot vs. coldMeaning of "I'm doing fine", page 3Meaning of "I'm doing fine", page 2What does blow mean?At the end of the roadDifference between finish and end