Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

hasty; slight; brief; perfunctory; superficial
sinister
cursory
delectable
assiduous
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Individual sports or team sports? Can you revise my paragraph? Thanks already!

TOEFL Practice tests Increase your TOEFL test score with
120 Vocabulary + 100 Grammar tests
600 TOEFL flashcards plus an ESL book
ESL Forums | Preparation for and help with the TOEFL® Test and essay samples collection
Examinations encourage children to study? | IELTS essay sample: Should wealthy nations be required to...
listening exercisestell a friend
Individual sports or team sports? Can you revise my paragraph? Thanks already! #1 (permalink) Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:44 am   Individual sports or team sports? Can you revise my paragraph? Thanks already!

Hi sir/madam. This is my first paragraph in this site. I'm a student in Turkey at Middle East Technical University. Because I prepare my university's proficiency exam and I don't know that how is written essay in TOEFL, I wrote such organization. If you revise my paragraph, I will be happy. Thanks already.

Which do you think is better for teenagers, individual sports or team sports? Explain your view in a paragraph of about 200 words, providing reasons that support it.

Sports can be broadly classified into two groups; individual sports and team sports. Both of them have several advantages for people's personalities, so people prefer one of them based on their interests. Hovewer, I think that team sports have more benefits than individual sports. First of all, if people join a team, they can be the leader in their team. On the other hand, any individual sports gives this chance to them. As a result, team sports can help people to earn a spirit of leadership. Secondly, people who play team sports have team spirit. It means responsibility for the team as well as patience. On the contrary, people playing individual sports can be selfish because they don't have any responsibility for someone and they can want to take over. Consequently, people playing team sports are sharing, patient and unselfish. In addition, another advantage of team sports is the community aspect of team sports. This means that if you play team sport, you have different people in order to train with measure yourself against. Therefore, team sports can help you to develop yourself. Unlike team sports, if you play individual sports, you don't have such this chance because you don't have a team in order to compare yourself with other people. To sump up, I think that team sports are better than individual sports due to leadership, responsibility and opportunities of developing yourself.

TOEFL listening discussions: How does Dr Beech characterize the assistantship?
Anxious
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Individual sports or team sports? Can you revise my paragraph? Thanks already #2 (permalink) Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:18 pm   Individual sports or team sports? Can you revise my paragraph? Thanks already

Hi sir/madam. This is my first paragraph in this site. I'm a student in Turkey at Middle East Technical University. Because I prepare my university's proficiency exam and I don't know that how is written essay in TOEFL, I wrote such organization. If you revise my paragraph, I will be happy. Thanks already.

Which do you think is better for teenagers, individual sports or team sports? Explain your view in a paragraph of about 200 words, providing reasons that support it.

Sports can be broadly classified into two groups; individual sports and team sports. Both of them have several advantages for people's personalities, so people prefer one of them based on their interests. HoWeVer, I think that team sports have more benefits than individual sports. First of all, if people join a team, they can be the leader in their team. On the other hand, any individual sports gives this chance to them. As a result, team sports can help people to earn a spirit of leadership. Secondly, people who play team sports have team spirit. It means responsibility for the team as well as HAVING patience. On the contrary, people playing individual sports can be selfish because they don't have any responsibility for someone and /they can want to take over.???/ Consequently, people playing team sports are sharing, patient and unselfish. In addition, another advantage of team sports is the community aspect of team sports. This means that if you play A team sport, you have different people in order to train with AND measure yourself against. Therefore, team sports can help you to develop yourself. Unlike team sports, if you play individual sports, you don't have such this chance because you don't have a team in order to compare yourself with other people.

To SUM up, I think that team sports are better than individual sports due to leadership, responsibility and opportunities of developing yourself.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Not bad Anxious, but practice definitely needed.

Kitos. 7.5/10

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemLearn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Individual sports or team sports? Can you revise my paragraph? Thanks already! #3 (permalink) Fri Aug 13, 2010 13:14 pm   Individual sports or team sports? Can you revise my paragraph? Thanks already!

Thanks a lot sir.
Anxious
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Examinations encourage children to study? | IELTS essay sample: Should wealthy nations be required to...
ESL Forums | Preparation for and help with the TOEFL® Test and essay samples collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on TOEFL Test Forums
Advertisements targeting children aged between 2 and 5 should be bannedIntegrated writing: Invasive speciesPeople succeed just because of hard working, luck has nothing to doindividuals‘ effects on environmentThe idea of going overseas for university is an exciting prospect for many peopleliving in an extended family or a nuclear one?Eating at food stands or restaurants vs. eating food at homeIntegrated task: online pharmacies.Essay: If you could invent new, what product would you develop?Some people prefer to get up early in the morning and start the day’s work.thanks again for helping me!The government should focus more on environmental problemsWhat would you change about your hometown?