resting; reclining
ubiquitous
tangible
facetious
recumbent

Are women better parents than men?

parent's interference in their children's choice of mates. | Some people prefer to study alone while others prefer to study with a group.
Are women better parents than men? #1 (permalink) Fri Aug 13, 2010 23:05 pm   Are women better parents than men?

Dear Kitosdad,
Here is another essay. Please kindly help to revise. Would you please provide some tips to improve my writing speed? It took me 40 minutes to write this essay. I need to reduce it to 30 minutes.
Thank you very much.
Ha Cao

**************************************
It is undeniable that the trend of single parents tends to increase in our contemporary society. The question “are women better parents than men” is consuming a lot of time from many people and attracting many controversial ideas on mass media currently. Jennifer Aniston has just made it hotter with her statement that women can become a good parent without men. However, I believe that both men and women can become good parents as long as they have ability to provide their children the best conditions to grow up.
In order to ensure a good condition for children until their mature states, parents should have a sufficient financial resource. Calculation needs to be done before he or she decides to have a child so that it can cover all basic needs such as food, health care and education. In the past, men normally hold a stronger status in economic situation. However, statistic figures proved that the ratio is balance now.
Besides financial status, people needs to have good skill to perform the most sophisticated task of being parents. Feeding the right meal at the right time, ensuring the sufficient quantity of children’s sleep, recognizing sickness symptom are some among these skills. Women proved to be better in this role since they had motherhood instinct. However, technology advantages can help men to improve their skills with abundant convenient tools and stuffs such as bottled milk, diaper, automatic cradle.
Children definitely need to live in a healthy environment so that they can develop their mental and physical ability. Thus parents should have a strong mental to create this healthy environment. A chance to be a good parent is balance for both men and women in this case.
A lot of experiments and studies proved that children will develop better if they have both father and mother as parents. However, in the worse case, when we have to make the decision who will be better parent, then we should wisely consider all the above conditions. Those who can ensure a better life for their children can be good parents, no matter who they are: men or women.

**********************************

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two university students who met on campus
HaCao

Are women better parents than men? #2 (permalink) Sat Aug 14, 2010 13:41 pm   Are women better parents than men?

HaCao wrote:
Dear Kitosdad,
Thank you very much.
Ha Cao

**************************************
It is undeniable that the trend of single parents tends to increase in our contemporary society. The question “are women better parents than men?” is consuming a lot of time FOR many people and attracting many controversial ideas on mass media currently. Jennifer Aniston has just made it hotter with her statement that women can become a good parent without men. However, I believe that both men and women can become good parents as long as they have ability to provide their children WITH the best conditions to grow up.
In order to ensure good conditionS for children until their mature states, parents should have a sufficient financial resource. Calculation needs to be done before he or she decides to have a child(,) so that it can cover all basic needs such as food, health care and education. In the past, men normally hold a stronger status in economic situationS. However, statistic figures proved that the ratio is balanceD now.
Besides financial status, people need to have good skillS to perform the most sophisticated taskS of being parents. Feeding the right meal at the right time, ensuring A sufficient quantity of children’s sleep, recognizing sickness symptomS are some among these skills. Women proved to be better in this role since they had motherhood instinctS. However, technologICAL advantages can help men to improve their skills with abundant convenient tools and stuffs(,) such as bottled milk, diapeSr, automatic cradle.
Children definitely need to live in a healthy environment so that they can develop their mental and physical abilitIES. Thus parents should have a strong mentalITY to create this healthy environment. A chance to be a good parent is balanceD for both men and women in this case.
A lot of experiments and studies proved that children will develop better if they have both father and mother as parents. However, in the worse case, when we have to make the decision who will be THE better parent, then we should wisely consider all the above conditions. Those who can ensure a better life for their children can be good parents, no matter who they are: men or women.

***********************************************************************

Good work HaCao.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHow many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
People say that young people have lost many of the traditional values of the oldewhat are some qualities of a good parent?one long vacation vs. several short vacations throughout the yearEDUCATION IS ONLY BUSINESS THESE DAYSWhether divorce rates in the future will increase or not.Students attend classes all the time or it should be optional for them:Hard Work vs. LuckWe have to deal with the same issues and problems, related to work and life, likeWhat is the best way to reduce the number of traffic accidents?living in an extended family or a nuclear one?Advertisements targeting children aged between 2 and 5 should be bannedEssayIntegrated writing: Invasive species