to call from a distance; to greet; to welcome
temporize
elicit
hail
elucidate

FASHION -- GOOD OR BAD?

In any society, the contributions of scientists and engineers are more important | Children should be required to help with household tasks as soon as they are able
FASHION -- GOOD OR BAD? #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:47 am   FASHION -- GOOD OR BAD?

TOPIC: People nowadays are paying a lot of attention to fashion. Do you think this is a good thing?

As a kind of art, fashion has its own values and benefits for people such as making them more beautiful. Nowadays, people are paying a lot of attention to fashion and I think this is a very good thing because of the following reasons.

First, fashion makes people become more attractive. On the roads, a girl dressing in fashionable clothes always attracts more attention of people than one in outdated outfit.
This is because as human beings, we all want something that is new and applealing rather than boring. And fashion, in this case, contributes a lot to the beauty of people. It makes them more pretty in apparels that are updated to the popular trends, which a number of people are interested in.

Secondly, fashion indirectly builds up a healthy lifestyle. People who love fashion always want to be in the most up-to-date dress. However, these clothes are just suitable for certain body shape, which is usually a thin one. Therefore, fashion and the love for it are encouraging more and more people to follow a healthful diet, to do exercise and to work out in order to have perfect bodies that are fitted in the clothes they like.

Last but not least, fashion makes our world an intersting place to live in. If fashion did not exist, the world might be a dull place where all people wore the same things with the same color. We could never see attractive girls in fashionable clothes on the roads or youthful boy in hip hop costumes. Morever, no fashion means no traditional costume, which is a unique part that differentiates each culture. Therefore, with fashion, people can enjoy a colorful world where everyone looks beautifuf and attractive in their own fashion style.

In short, I believe that the special attention of people to fashion is reasonable and needed to be encouraged. It is because fashion contributes a lot to better people’s apprearance, to create a healthy lifestyle and a colorful world.

please rate my essay :D [/b]

TOEFL listening lectures: What is the main difference between a fad and a trend?
Hatung94

Location: Hanoi

FASHION -- GOOD OR BAD? #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:33 am   FASHION -- GOOD OR BAD?

Hatung94 wrote:

As a kind of art, fashion has its own values and benefits for people(,) such as making them more beautiful. Nowadays, people are paying a lot of attention to fashion(,) and I think this is a very good thing because of the following reasons.

First, fashion makes people become more attractive. /On the roads,/IN THE STREETS/ a girl dressing in fashionable clothes always attracts more THE attention of MORE people than one in outdated outfit.
This is because(,) as human beings, we all want something that is new and APPEALING rather than boring. And Fashion, in this case, contributes a lot to the beauty of people. It makes them more pretty in apparels that are updated to the popular trends, which a number of people are interested in.

Secondly, fashion indirectly builds up a healthy lifestyle. People WOMEN who love fashion always want to be in the most up-to-date dressES. However, these clothes are just ONL suitable for A certain body shape, which is usually a thin one. Therefore, fashion(,) and the love /for/OF/ it(,) are encouraging more and more people to follow a healthY diet, to do exercise and to work out in order to have perfect bodies that are fitted in the clothes they like.

Last but not least, fashion makes our world an interEsting place to live in. If fashion did not exist, the world might be a dullER place where all people wore the same things with the same color. We could never see attractive girls in fashionable clothes on the roads(,) or youthful boyS in hip-hop costumes. Morever, no fashion means no traditional costume, which is a unique part that differentiates each culture. Therefore, with fashion, people can enjoy a colorful world where everyone looks beautifuL and attractive in their own fashion style.

In short, I believe that the special attention of people to fashion is reasonable and needS to be encouraged. It is because fashion contributes a lot to better people’s apprearance, APPEARANCES AND to create a healthy lifestyle and a colorful world.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good morning Hatung. Your lack of attention to detail spoiled what should have been a perfect score! Be more attentive in your work when composing. You are a very apt and able student. Don't spoil your gift by not closely reviewing what you have written.

Kitos. 8.5/10

please rate my essay :D [/b]

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Television, newspapers, magazines, and other media pay too much attentionSome people prefer to study alone while others prefer to study with a group. Whicopinions of famous peopleIt is important for families to have meals together regularlynewspapers and magazines is the best way of learning other countries?READ ONLT NON-FICTIONS?Dreams - integrated task - BaronORGANIC FOODA serious and strict teacher or a teacher with humor and is easygoing.VIOLENCE ON CHILDRENplease rate my essay... thanksPeople say that young people have lost many of the traditional values of the oldewhat are some qualities of a good parent?