destruction; poison; misfortune
shibboleth
bulwark
bane
imprecation

To buy either a piece of jewelry you like or tickets to a concert

New topic: Many people love to do all things by hands. Others use machines to do | please rate my essay and give advise to improve (vijay)
To buy either a piece of jewelry you like or tickets to a concert #1 (permalink) Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:28 am   To buy either a piece of jewelry you like or tickets to a concert

You have received a gift of money. The money is enough to buy either a piece of jewelry you like or tickets to a concert you want to attend. Which would you buy? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Today it becomes more and more popular to make gifts in cash, even though many people dislike this idea. This is because you need to decide what to buy for this money. If I got gift of money which would be enough to purchase either peace of jewelry or tickets to a concert I dream about, I would choose the latter one. There are some reasons for this.

First, attending a concert I like would be pleasure for me. I could listen to my favorite music. Listening to music is one of the greatest pleasures of life. I could watch actors playing alive. Masterpiece of the most actors can be seen only in live concerts, but not on television. In contrast, a piece of jewelry is merely a peace of stone or metal. It cannot make me happier.

Second, visiting a concert I adore would give me beautiful memories for the rest of my life. When you are a fan of some prominent singer for many years it will be a great event for you to see this person alive. That's why attending a concert would be memorable for me. The most concerts create incredible atmosphere during performance.Various special effects are used there: lights, sounds, echoes, clouds, shadows. This makes a concert to look like an expensive movie. While a peace of jewelry wouldn't give me any memories of this kind.

Finally, attending a concert would help me to relax after a stressful business week. I could go out to a concert with friends or colleagues. This would made visiting a concert more funny. Change of the daily routine from day-to-day to atmosphere of holiday on a concert would also help me to forget my difficulties. Meanwhile a peace of jewelry would be of no help for me to relax.

To conclude, if I would receive amount of money enough to buy a peace of jewelry or tickets to my favorite concert, I would opt to buy tickets. This would allow me to enjoy my favorite music and relax after a business week. Also it would bring me positive memories for the rest of my life.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a life sciences class (4)
Dmitriybch

Location: Russia

To buy either a piece of jewelry you like or tickets to a concert #2 (permalink) Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:58 am   To buy either a piece of jewelry you like or tickets to a concert

Today it becomes more and more popular to make gifts in cash, even though many people dislike this idea. This is because you need to decide what to buy WITH this money. If I got gift of money which would be enough to purchase either A PIECE of jewelLEry or tickets to a concert I dream about, I would choose the latter one. There are some reasons for this.

First, attending a concert I like would be A pleasure for me. I could listen to my favorite music. Listening to music is one of the greatest pleasures IN life. I could watch actors AND HEAR MUSICIANS playing alive LIVE. Masterpiece THE MASTERY of the most actors OR MUSICIANS can be seen only in live concerts, but not on television. In contrast, a piece of jewelLEry is merely a peace of stone or metal. It cannot make me happier.

Second, visiting a concert I adore would give me beautiful memories for the rest of my life. When you HAVE BEEN a fan of some prominent singer for many years it will be a great event for you to see this person alive IN THE FLESH. That's why attending a concert would be memorable for me. The m Most concerts create AN incredible atmosphere during performanceS. Various special effects are used there: lights, sounds, echoes, clouds, shadows. This makes a concert to look like an expensive movie. While a peace PIECEof jewelLEry wouldn't give me any memories of this kind.

Finally, attending a concert would help me to relax after a stressful business week. I could go out to a concert with friends or colleagues. This would made MAKE visiting a concert more funny. THE change of the FROM MY daily routine from day-to-day to THE atmosphere of AN holiday on AT a concert would also help me to forget my difficulties. Meanwhile a peace PIECE of jewelLEry would be of no help for me to relax IN RELAXING.

To conclude, if I would WERE TO receive AN amount of money THAT WAS SUFFICIENTenough to buy EITHER a peace PIECE of jewelLEry or tickets to my favorite concert, I would opt to buy tickets. This would allow me to enjoy my favorite music and relax after a business week. Also It would ALSO bring me positive memories for the rest of my life.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good morning Dmitriybch. I think the less said about this essay the better. I was disappointed.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
To buy either a piece of jewelry you like or tickets to a concert #3 (permalink) Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:30 am   To buy either a piece of jewelry you like or tickets to a concert

Well, at least I don't confuse "many" and "money" anymore :-)
Dmitriybch

Location: Russia

the qualities of a good managerCan new technologies help students?Not everything is learned is contained in books. compare knowledge from books andDo you agree or disagree? "It is more enjoyable to see a performance live (ican any one rate my essay and give suggestion to improve (vijay)Hello ESL, could someone please rate my essay..Thanks in advancePlease rate my essay: WORLD LEADER!why people attend college or university?How Many times? share your experinceSchool should buy computers/books?A large shopping center will be built in your neighborhood. Do you agree?Arguement 106: Will a gym improve the town inhabitant's health?Computers for students vs. Books for the library.