to indicate feelings by motions; move the hands in an animated manner
gesticulate
waive
cringe
delineate

Playing games teaches us about life

Question about TOEFL® integrated writing task | please correct this
Playing games teaches us about life #1 (permalink) Tue Aug 17, 2010 16:15 pm   Playing games teaches us about life

13. (148) Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Playing games teaches us about life. Use specific reasons and examples o support your answer.

Nowadays, there are enormous things that worthwhile to learn and can teach us about life, such as paying games, making friends, doing jobs and so on. However, there are also lots of debates that whether playing games can teach us about life or not? The answer of this statement depends on one’s own experience and life style. As far as I am concerned, playing games can also teach us about life. My arguments for this point are listed as follows.

First of all, playing games imparts us the interpersonal skills in some cases. The majority of games are playing with two or more than two people together, which means the person who participating in the game must keep good relationship with his or her partner. Playing basketball is a good example for this, only the five teammates well cooperated with each other, can they win the game successfully. This principle also can be used in our real life.

Furthermore, from playing games we can learn how to confront the adversity. Just like our life, a game has win and lose that we must face one of them when we playing it. In other word, by plying game we can learn how to control our emotion when we lose or win, and we cannot out off temper when we lose the game. Therefore, through playing games we can obtain some life lessons.

Finally, playing games can also make us more optimistic toward life. When we not in ourselves or suffering lots of pressure from work, playing games with our close friends would make us relax and release our pressure quickly. Which means playing games is a route of looking life optimistically, since games contain a lot of fun in them. For example, children always look things optimistically, maybe this is because they play games a lot.

In conclusion, playing games can teach us about life. Because, by playing games we learn some interpersonal skills; it teach us how to confront the adversities and make us more optimistic toward life.

TOEFL listening lectures: What does 'monotreme' mean?
Ehmet

Playing games teaches us about life #2 (permalink) Tue Aug 17, 2010 17:09 pm   Playing games teaches us about life

First of all, playing games imparts us the interpersonal skills in some cases. The majority of games are playED with two or more than two people together, which means the person WHO IS participating in the game must keep A good relationship with his or her partner. Playing basketball is a good example OF this, only IF the five team-mates well cooperate WELL with each other, can they win the game successfully. This principle also can be used in our real life.

Furthermore, from playing games we can learn how to confront the adversity. Just like our life, a game has winNERS and loseRS that we must ACCEPT one of them when we AREplaying it. In other wordS, by plAying THE game we can learn how to control our emotion when we lose or win, and we cannot REACT out of temper when we lose the game. Therefore, through playing games we can obtain some life lessons.

Finally, playing games can also make us more optimistic toward life. When we ARE not ourselves or suffering lots of pressure from work, playing games with our close friends would make us relax and release our pressure quickly. Which means playing games is a route of lookingAT life optimistically, since games contain a lot of fun in them. For example, children always look AT things optimistically, maybe this is because they play games a lot.

In conclusion, playing games can teach us about life(,) because, by playing games we learn some interpersonal skills; it teach us how to confront the adversities and makeS us more optimistic toward life.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
That was pretty good Ehmet. You are doing well.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Playing games teaches us about life #3 (permalink) Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:34 am   Playing games teaches us about life

Thanks your for reviewing and rating, Kitos.
Ehmet

Name the world leader you think is importantUseful TOEFL® course!Please rate my essy. (Thank you very much in advance)BIG OR SMALL?NEW MEMBERS; Please read this before posting.creative writting?need helpPlease review my essay.(This is my first essay. Thanks in advance)Please rate my essy. (Thank you very much in advance)When people succeed, it is because of hard working, luck has nothing to do...new topicGrades encourage students to learn.(please rate my essay, thank you so much)Please review my essay.Qualities of a good manager