rigorously abstinent; severe; self-denying; celibate
meticulous
glib
ascetic
disconsolate

IELTS-Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of

Getting up early vs. getting up late | formal academic qualifications
IELTS-Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of #1 (permalink) Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:22 am   IELTS-Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of

Please give me some advice.

Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Other, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishment.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

The person who committed the crime must get punishment. The offender should be punished for their crimes, its value as retribution is the good reason.

Fixed punishments are proper if considering only the consequence of each type of crime. Fixed punishment could remind people what the punishment they will get. These could prevent some committing. For example, the robbery would be subject to the certain punishment because its result not only the victim but also spread out the fear for society. Fixed punishment will have a deterring effect of community. In addition, the penalty such as fine must be exactly. This deterring effect also provides the stability and security to society through minimizing the number of crimes committed.

On the other hand, some of an individual crime committed accidentally or for self-defending. The circumstance and the motivation for committing should be taken into account when deciding the punishment equity. The accused should have a chance to convince the court or the jury the reason of the crime he was accused of. This mean that the court could look at why the person committed the crime before execute the penalty.

For example if a person stole $100. There might be a fixed punishment a $10000 fine. Perhaps the person was committed because of the starvation or poor and needed the money for his child. In this case, if the court takes the circumstance and motivation into account, the person may not take his punishment but all he needs is held instead. Moreover, the offender who kills for self-defense cannot committed without the reason. A self-defense killing might be considering when a person reasonably believed that it is necessary in the circumstance for defense.

In my opinion, murder cannot be compare with a self-defense killing. Fixed punishment execute to the murder is proper for retribution. The force of the law will provide the minimal criminal in our community. However, an individual crime such as the defense of oneself or another will be exempted from punishment.

Thank you

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation in a campus cafeteria
Nanudom

IELTS-Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each typ #2 (permalink) Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:27 am   IELTS-Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each typ

Please give me some advice.

The person who committed the crime must /get punishment/BE PUNISHED/. The offenderS should be punished for their crimes, its value as retribution is the good reason.

Fixed punishments are proper if considering only the consequence of each type of crime. Fixed punishment could /remind/ALERT/ people AS TO what the punishment they will /get/RECEIVE/. THIS could prevent some PEOPLE FROM committing CRIMES.
For example, the A robbery would be subject to the A certain punishment because it result AFFECTS not only the victim but also spreadS out the fear for IN THE WHOLE OF society. Fixed punishmentS will have a deterring effect ON communityTHOSE PEOPLE WHO INTEND TO COMMIT CRIMES. In addition, the penalty such as A fine must be exactly SUFFICIENT TO DETER THEM FROM FURTHER OFFENDING. This deterring effect also provides the stability and security to society through minimizing the number of crimes committed.

On the other hand, some [s]of an
individual crime committed accidentally or for self-defending.[/s] The circumstance and the motivation for committing A CRIME should be taken into account when deciding the punishment equity. The accused should have a chance to convince the court or the jury the reason BEHIND the crime he IS BEING accused of. This meanS that the court could look at why the person committed the crime before execute the DETERMINING THE penalty.

For example if a person stole $100. There might be a fixed punishment OF a $10000 fine. Perhaps the person CRIME was committed because of the starvation or POVERTY, and HE needed the money for his child. In this case, if the court takes the circumstance and motivation into account, the person may not take his BE GIVEN punishment WHEN all he needs is helP instead. Moreover, the offender who kills for self-defenCe cannot committed without EXPLAINING the reason. A self-defenCe killing PLEA might be considerED when a person reasonably believed that it WAS necessary in the circumstanceS for HIS OWN defenCe.

In my opinion, murder cannot be compareD with a self-defense killing. Fixed punishment executION FOR the murder is THE proper for retribution. The force of the law will provide the minimal MINIMISE criminalS in our community. However, an individual crime such as the defenCe of oneself or another will be exempt from punishment.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Not too bad Nanudom.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHow many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
IELTS-Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of #3 (permalink) Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:41 am   IELTS-Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of

Oh thank you very mush Kitosdad. ^_^
Nanudom

IELTS-Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of #4 (permalink) Mon Aug 23, 2010 15:03 pm   IELTS-Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of

The table shows the variations in national consumer expenditure by category in Ireland, Italy, Spain, Sweden and Turkey in 2002. The consumer expenditure percentage differs between Food/Drink/Tobacco, Clothing/Footwear and Leisure/Education category. The human basic necessities such as Food, Drinks and Clothing are the large consumption while the consumer spending in entertainment and education is small.

The variation percentage of Food/Drink/Tobacco category ranges from 32.14 in Turkey to 15.44 in Sweden, while the Clothing/Footwear consumption varies from 9.00% in Italy to 5.44% in Sweden. The lowest consumption, Leisure/Education category varies from 4.35% in Turkey to 1.98% in Spain.

It appears that Turkey is the highest consumer expenditure which the total percentage for all categories is 43.12. This number is almost twice as in Sweden, 24.39% that is the lowest of total percentage consumer spending.

This suggests that the high rate of consumption in Turkey and Ireland result the good economic of the whole country. It can be assume that Sweden’s economic growth may small by the lowest of consumption percentage of the country.

Nanudom

IELTS-Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of #5 (permalink) Mon Aug 23, 2010 15:10 pm   IELTS-Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of

The graph shows the Fish and Meat consumption in a European Country between 1979 and 2004.

The number of fish and meat consumption varies between 1979 and 2004. In 1979, the high consumptions of fish and meat are Beef followed by Lamb, Chicken and Fish respectively. Beef is the highest of Fish and Meat consumption which is 220 g/person/week while the lowest consumption is Fish (70 g/person/week). Within 25 years the consuming behavior is changed and affected to the consumption. In 2004, chicken consuming increased and is the highest consumption.

Beef consumption is high in 1979 to 1989 and decreased dramatically since 1989 to 110 g/person/week in 2004. In the other hand, the Beef consumption decreased two times in present compare with the past 25 years. This suggests that the cow disease such as Mad cow disease or Food and Mouth disease over Europe effect to consuming behavior. While the decreasing of Beef consumption, Chicken consumption increased sharply for more than 60% in 2004. The third consuming rate is Lamb which gradually fell from 150 to 50 g/person/week. Lastly, it appears that Fish is the lowest consumption for over 25 year. The consumption is slightly dropped.

Nanudom

Rank my essay, please![Essay] Explain why movies are so popular?Travelling to a different country. What are important things to learn?Technology makes people's lives simpler 3Getting successful in lifeOwning your own business or working for an employerEssay:Education is the single most important factor in the development of a develvacation time or salary in a jobIs money the most important aspect of one's job?Continuous assessment Versus Final test!Some people prefer to spend their free time outdoors. Other people prefer to...Need help with graphs and tablesToefl® essay