secret; hidden; covert; stealthy; underhand
blithe
rueful
trivial
clandestine

It is better to save your money for the future than to spend it immediately

Playing sports teaches people more lessons about the life | Favourite Holiday Spot
It is better to save your money for the future than to spend it immediately #1 (permalink) Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:54 am   It is better to save your money for the future than to spend it immediately

Good morning Mr. Kitosdad.
How are you today?
Please rate my essay. I greatly appreciate your help

Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement:
It is better to save your money for the future than to spend it immediately.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answẹrs

In this modern age, it is very necessary to find a job and earn money in order to meet our life requirement such as living, studying, supporting family and so on. Personally, when I have money, it seems more important for me to use money effectively. In fact, some people prefer to save money for the future than to spend it immediately. Nevertheless, I think, for several reasons, using money immediately is a best option for all of us.

The first reason I want to talk about is money devaluation. Actually, the world financial and real estate crisis in 2007 impacted to financial systems in almost countries in the world including United State, EU, China, Japan and so on. Therefore, almost kinds of currencies in the world have already been devalued because of inflation and my country currency, VND, was not an exception. For example, in 2007, exchange rate of VND against USD was approximately 16.000; however, in 2008, it increased to 19.000. It means that if I buy a washing machine worth 500 USD, I only had to pay 8 million VND when I buy it in 2007; but I had to pay 9.5 million VND if I purchase it in 2008. This example proves that if I had money in 2007, I should spend it immediately instead of saving it until 2008. In other words, it is better for me to use money instantly than save money for the future.

Last but not least, I want to mention that I can use money to earn more money. For example, if I put money, for example 20 million VND, in my saving account at the bank and then wait for interest, I only receive nearly 3 million VND per year because the interest rate is 15%/year in my country. However, if I invest money to securities market or real estate, the profit is definitely a huge number. In particular, in last year, my brother only spent 10 million VND to invest to securities market and then he earned nearly 10 million VND profit in this year. That number is totally impressive. Therefore, investing money or spending money is a better choice than saving money.

All in all, I strongly agree that spending money immediately is better than saving money for the future. This helps me not only earn more money but also buy goods with reasonable price. If you don’t want money to depreciate in your saving account, please spending it as soon as possible.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a university professor and a student in the professor's office
Dungmetal

Location: Hanoi, Vietnam

It is better to save your money for the future than to spend it immediately #2 (permalink) Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:24 am   It is better to save your money for the future than to spend it immediately

Good morning Mr. Kitosdad.
How are you today?

In this modern age, it is very necessary to find a job and earn money in order to meet our life requirement such as living, studying, supporting ONES family and so on. Personally, when I have money, it seems more important for me to use money effectively. In fact, some people prefer to save money for the future than to spend it immediately. Nevertheless, I think, for several reasons, using money immediately is THE best option for all of us.

The first reason I want to talk about is money devaluation. Actually, the world financial and real estate crisis in 2007 impacted ON financial systems in almost ALL countries in the world including THE United State, EU, China, Japan and so on. Therefore, almost EVERY kind of currencies in the world have already been devalued because of inflation and my country currency, VND, was not an exception. For example, in 2007, exchange rate of VND against USD was approximately 16.000; however, in 2008, it increased to 19.000. It means that if I buy a washing machine worth 500 USD, I only had to pay 8 million VND when I buy it in 2007; but I had to pay 9.5 million VND if I purchase it in 2008. This example proves that if I had money in 2007, I should spend it immediately instead of saving it until 2008. In other words, it is better for me to use money instantly than save money for the future.

All in all, I strongly agree that spending money immediately is better than saving money for the future. This helps me not only earn more money but also buy goods AT A reasonable price. If you don’t want money to depreciate in your saving account, then spend it as soon as possible.
.............................................................................................................................
That was exceeding good work Dungmetal.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
It is better to save your money for the future than to spend it immediately #3 (permalink) Sat Aug 21, 2010 16:45 pm   It is better to save your money for the future than to spend it immediately

I'm very glad to see your feedback.
Thank you a lot, Mr. Kitos
Dungmetal

Location: Hanoi, Vietnam

It is better to save your money for the future than to spend it immediately #4 (permalink) Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:09 am   It is better to save your money for the future than to spend it immediately

Dung, what do you think about inflation or economical turmoil? If I use my saving money to hoard gold, I think it doesn't matter to me. Let's me take an vivid example. In 1996, my uncle sold his house at Quang Trung Street and used this money to buy gold. At this time, with a tael you could buy one square of ground at Quang Trung Street, but as the time gone by, now, you still use a tael to buy one square of ground at QTS or even more. I mean inflation doesn't matter to me! Funny example!

Second, you have neglected the risk of investment in the Vietnamese stock market. Your brother may be a lucky man, but I have to said that the stock market in VN is not stable at all. For instance, 2 years ago, VN index was more than 1500, but now it is lower than 500. A lot of people have gone to bankrupt, and some even find suicide as a way to escape their aftermaths.
CA.
_________________
Talent is the God given-Be Humble!
Fame is man given-Be thankful!
Conceit is self given-Be careful!
-John Wooden-
Coolapple

Location: Moon

It is better to save your money for the future than to spend it immediately #5 (permalink) Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:16 am   It is better to save your money for the future than to spend it immediately

Dear Coolaple,

Everything has 2 faces and the examples in my essay are not exception. Your reasons and supporting ideas are very effective and considerable if you agree with this below statement. However, If I want to perform my contrary idea to this statement, I think my arguments are appropriate, too. For the first example, washing machine is a basic necessity of life, if you want to wash your clothes, would you buy this machine or gold? And about the stock investment example, if you are given perfect information by a believable person, do you decide to spend money on stocks or put it in your saving account?

All in all, there are many ways to use an example to support our ideas, it depends on how we use it effectively.

Best,
Dungmetal

Location: Hanoi, Vietnam

Technology makes people's lives simpler 2Topic: What is the most important animal in your country?pls rate my essayNewspapers and magazines are the best way of learning about a foreign country&Young people should try several different jobs before taking a long term careePets should be treated like family members?Trying new things or doing what we already do well?Advertising is the main cause of unhealthy eating habits?The best way to improve the quality of the education in a country is to increaseTechnology makes people's lives simplerWhy are people attracted to dangerous sports?Studying the English language in an English-speaking country is the best way?You people are becoming too good!