smooth and slippery; speaking or spoken in a smooth manner; easily fluent; careless; insincere
temporal
glib
distraught
oblivious

how does the present generation differs from the past generation

Better for children to grow in small city or big one? (please kindly rate it) | Working for a large company vs. Working for a small company
how does the present generation differs from the past generation #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 22, 2010 16:21 pm   how does the present generation differs from the past generation

EVERY GENERATION OF PEOPLE IS DIFFERENT IN IMPORTANT WAYS. HOW IS YOUR GENERATION DIFFERENT FROM YOUR PARENT’S GENERATION? USE SPECIFIC EXAMPLES AND REASONS.

When taking a look at the present generation of young people, found presently nowadays in our present society, one can realize the great gap that now exists between the present generation and the past generations. Many changes have occurred, hence affecting the behavior of young people found in our society. Firstly, in the past, parent were so strict concerning the education of their children, that is these children were forced to wear long skirts for girls, because it was being considered by these religious parents and more especially by the community as a sin , not to to say a sacriledge, but when taking a close look at the way these youths now dress up, one cannot deny the fact that a great change has been operated. Girls are dress up the way they like because parents have realized that there is no point being rude to their children, because of the consequences that resulted from these behaviors of parents. Hence to lay more emphasis on these consequences, it was realized that most of these youth ran away from their homes and got engaged in several activities such as prostitution for girls, drugs selling by boys.
Furthermore, young people of the present generation are more determined concerning certain issues as compared to their parents, like for example they are free to choose the person they want to spend the rest of their live with, as compared to the past whereby young children were forced to marry people who were either older than they were, or someone they did not love.

Finally, to sum up, the present generation are more conscious and responsible as compared to the past generation, because parent in the past were so closed up concerning issues, like talking about Aids, methods of contraceptions. Hence there has been great difference between the past and present generation who are more informed with the coming of televisions, in which sensibilisation campaign are broad casted daily to reduced the death rate of the population, pregnancies and also the rate of abortions.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor mention the large jars?
Irvanie

Location: Cameroon

how does the present generation differs from the past generation #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 22, 2010 18:37 pm   how does the present generation differs from the past generation

When taking a look at the present generation of young people, found presently nowadays in our present society, one can INSTANTLY realize the great gap that now exists between the present generation and the past generations. Many changes have occurred affecting the behavior of young people found in our society.

Firstly, in the past, parent were so strict concerning the education of their children, IN that these children were forced to wear long skirts for girls, because it was being considered CORRECT by these religious parents(,) and more especially by the community as a sin , not to to say a sacriledge, but when taking a close look at the way these youths now dress up, one cannot deny the fact that a great change has OCCURRED. Girls are dressED up the way they like because parents have realized that there is no point being rude to their children, because of the consequences that resulted from these behaviors of parents. Hence to lay more emphasis on these consequences, it was realized that most of these youth ran away from their homes and got engaged in several activities such as prostitution for girls, drugs selling by boys.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Whoaaa!! Although I know what you mean, I'm sure many others don't. You really HAVE to do a lot of reading to learn the correct way to structure sentences. Your work wasn't bad, but it HAS to be a lot better than this if you wish to score highly in the TOEFL.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
my topicthe best way to improve the quality of the educationUniversities should give the same amount of money to their students' sportsAdvertising is the most important cause of unhealthy eating habitsTravel with a companion vs. travel aloneDigital Archiving - WHY?The College years are the best time in a person's life. Agree Of disagree?Studying alone vs studying with teachersTechnology makes people's lives simpler 2to increase teathers' salaries in order to improve the quality of educationArgument 8: Do worker care about management issue?“The presence of a competitor is always beneficial to a company. Competition forcTopic: What is the most important animal in your country?