one who manipulates public emotions to gain power or popularity
consternation
approbation
jargon
demagogue

Some people prefer to spend their free time outdoors. Other people prefer to...

ToeflŪ essay | How is an ideal roommate like?
Some people prefer to spend their free time outdoors. Other people prefer to... #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:03 am   Some people prefer to spend their free time outdoors. Other people prefer to...

Topic:Some people prefer to spend their free time outdoors. Other people prefer to spend their leisure time indoors. which do you prefer?
Essay

People have their own ways to enjoy their leisure time. Although some people think that indoor activities are good for them, I prefer to spend all my leisure time for outdoor activities. Because doing outdoor activities will help me to become more healthy, make me to be closer with nature and expand my relationships.

To begin with, spending free time outdoor allows me to play many kind of sport, which help me to become more healthy. When I have to do some things indoors, such as watching movies or play online games, I feel that they are so boring and lack of some actions so that they are easily to make me to be overweight. Nevertheless, when I play outdoors, I can play football, or badminton with me friends. These sports require me to run a lot of time, do a lot of actions; therefore, I can improve my health in order to work and study better.

In addition, outdoor activities makes me to be closer with nature. When I go outdoors to walk around a park each morning, I can enjoy the fresh air, look some beautiful flowers and heard some bird songs. They make me to feel very comfortable and happy, and they also help me to know about the value of clean environment. However, if I only spend my free time to stay at home, I will never have this significant feeling.

Finally, I can expand and enhance my relationships if I do a lot of outdoor activities. There is no doubt that people cannot have good relationships and friends if they always stay at home. However, spending time for outdoor activities may helps us to make friend with a lot of new people, and it also improve the relationships between us and old friends. For example, when I studied at university, I and my classmates usually went to many parties in campus, and in there, I met a lot of new friends. We still keep in touch with others and often go hangout together.

In brief, we should use our leisure time effectively and carefully, because these times is very valuable with us. For all of the reasons that I have mentioned above, I strongly believe that outdoor activities are my best choice to enjoy my free time.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation about toys
Tung Lam

Some people prefer to spend their free time outdoors. Other people prefer to. #2 (permalink) Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:05 pm   Some people prefer to spend their free time outdoors. Other people prefer to.

Essay

People have their own ways /to enjoy/OF ENJOYING/ their leisure time. Although some people think that indoor activities are good for them, I prefer to spend all my leisure time /for/PURSUING/ outdoor activities(,) because doing outdoor activities will help me to become more healthy, make me to be closer with nature and HELP ME TO expand my relationships.

To begin with, spending free time outdoorS allows me to play many DIFFERENT kindS of sport, which help me to become more healthy. When I have to do some things indoors, such as watching movies or play online games, I feel that they are so boring and lack of some actions so that they are /easily/INCLINED/ to make me to be overweight. Nevertheless, when I play outdoors, I can play football, or badminton with MY friends. These sports require me to run a lot of THE time, do a lot of actions; therefore, I can improve my health in order to work and study better.

In addition, outdoor activities /makes me to be/BRING ME/ closer with nature. When I go outdoors to walk around a park each morning, I can enjoy the fresh air, look AT some beautiful flowers and HEAR some bird songs. They make me to feel very comfortable and happy, and they also help me to know about the value of A clean environment. However, if I only spend my free time to stayING at home, I will never have this significant feeling.

Finally, I can expand and enhance my relationships if I do a lot of outdoor activities. There is no doubt that people cannot have good relationships and friends if they always stay at home. However, spending time IN outdoor activities may HELP us to make friendS with a lot of new people, and it also improve the relationships between us and old friends. For example, when I studied at university, my classmates AND I usually went to many parties in campus, and in there, I met a lot of new friends. We still keep in touch with EACH OTHER and often go hang-out together.

In brief, we should use our leisure time effectively and carefully, because these times ARE very valuable TO us. For all of the reasons that I have mentioned above, I strongly believe that outdoor activities are my best choice to enjoy my free time.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
You are definitely showing great improvement TL. I hope you can put this down to your reading more. Well done.

Kitos. 8.5/10
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemStart exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Technology makes people's lives simpler 3Getting successful in lifeOwning your own business or working for an employerformal academic qualificationsGetting up early vs. getting up lateIs money the most important aspect of one's job?Continuous assessment Versus Final test!Need help with graphs and tablesliving in dorm is better than at home_intergrated essayAre people mainly motivated by the wealth?Can failure be beneficial?SATŪ pratice essay:Is there a need to challenge authority?Is there a need to be perfect?