brief; passing swiftly; temporary; transient
fleeting
obdurate
teeming
cadaverous

Continuous assessment Versus Final test!

formal academic qualifications | Owning your own business or working for an employer
Continuous assessment Versus Final test! #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:18 am   Continuous assessment Versus Final test!

Timing: 30 minutes Word Count: 365

Final examination and continuous test are two ways of assessments that many universities around the world are using. Each of these ways has its own advantages, but I believe that continuous assessment has more credibility than final one in term of evaluating students’ study progress.

Firstly, continuous small tests and exams during the school year do not put students under a great pressure as do final examinations at the end of each semester. Scaring of getting a low grade of a subject, the only grade that determines the total outcome of this subject, a lot of students have been put in a great pressure during test periods. This might ruin their efforts and diligence during the year. Hence, they tend to prefer continuous tests, in which they feel more comfortable because it will bring them many chances to improve their grade.

Secondly, final exams at the end of each semester cannot precisely evaluate students’ study progress, whilst continuous assessment can. Actually, one to three hours of the final test cannot examine and evaluate the students’ total knowledge that they have acquired during this semester since in this limited time the limited questions just can cover some main chapters, not scrutinize all of these needed ones. In contrast, each mini test at the end of each class can exactly evaluate students’ understanding of the lesson, and thereby can give the more exact picture of their knowledge and improvement.

Last but not least, continuous assessment helps both students and their teachers in assessing their works. When it comes to students, they can be aware of their ability and progress, their strengths and weaknesses in order to uphold their good works and improve their bad ones by asking their teachers immediately or discuss with other students right away. Teachers, on the other hand, know more about their students’ understanding and knowledge; therefore, they can alter their way of teaching or assessment to get a better evaluation of students’ progress.

For all the aforementioned reasons mentioned, I totally support continuous assessment because it not only gives a brighter picture of students’ knowledge for both students and their teachers but also helps students alleviate their pressure and improve their grades.

Good afternoon Mr.Kitos! Could you check and rate my essay?
Thank you very much in advance!
CA.

TOEFL listening discussions: A stereotypical toy means?
_________________
Talent is the God given-Be Humble!
Fame is man given-Be thankful!
Conceit is self given-Be careful!
-John Wooden-
Coolapple

Location: Moon

Continuous assessment Versus Final test! #2 (permalink) Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:21 pm   Continuous assessment Versus Final test!

Timing: 30 minutes Word Count: 365

Final examination and continuous test are THE two ways of assessments that many universities around the world are using TODAY. Each of /these ways/THEM has its own advantages, but I believe that continuous assessment has more credibility than final EXAMINATION in termS of evaluating students’ study progress.

Firstly, continuous small tests and exams during the school year do not put students under a great pressure as do final examinations at the end of each semester. ScarED of getting a low grade of a subject, the only grade that determines the total outcome of this subject, a lot of students have been put UNDER a great pressure during test periods. This might ruin their efforts and diligence during the year. Hence, they tend to prefer continuous tests, in which they feel more comfortable(,) because it will bring them many chances to improve their grade.

Secondly, final exams at the end of each semester cannot precisely evaluate students’ study progress, whilst continuous assessment can. Actually, one to three hours of the final test cannot examine and evaluate the students’ total knowledge that they have acquired during this semester(,) since in this limited time the limited questions just can cover some main chapters, not scrutinize all of these needed ones.

In contrast, each mini test at the end of each class can exactly evaluate students’ understanding of the lesson, and CAN thereby can give the more exact picture of their knowledge and /improvement/ADVANCEMENT/.

Last but not least, continuous assessment helps both students and their teachers in assessing their works. When it comes to students, they can be aware of their ability and progress, their strengths and weaknesses in order to uphold their good works and improve their bad ones by asking their teachers immediately(,) or discussING THIS with other students right away. Teachers, on the other hand, know more about their students’ understanding and knowledge; therefore, they can alter their way of teaching or assessment to get a better evaluation of students’ progress.

For all the aforementioned reasons mentioned, I totally support continuous assessment(,) because it not only gives a brighter picture of students’ knowledge for both students and their teachers(,) but also helps students alleviate their pressure and improve their grades.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Very good work CA, but I have grown to expect no less from you.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemSign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Continuous assessment Versus Final test! #3 (permalink) Mon Aug 23, 2010 18:00 pm   Continuous assessment Versus Final test!

Thank you very much, Mr.Kitosdad!
CA.
_________________
Talent is the God given-Be Humble!
Fame is man given-Be thankful!
Conceit is self given-Be careful!
-John Wooden-
Coolapple

Location: Moon

grammar errRank my essay, please![Essay] Explain why movies are so popular?the best way to improve education is to increase teachers' salaries?Travelling to a different country. What are important things to learn?Technology makes people's lives simpler 3Getting successful in lifeEssay:Education is the single most important factor in the development of a develvacation time or salary in a jobGetting up early vs. getting up lateIs money the most important aspect of one's job?Some people prefer to spend their free time outdoors. Other people prefer to...Toefl® essay