nearness; vicinity; adjacency; closeness
proximity
impropriety
compendium
prognosis

Essay:Education is the single most important factor in the development of a devel

Travelling to a different country. What are important things to learn? | grammar err
Essay:Education is the single most important factor in the development of a devel #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 23, 2010 14:46 pm   Essay:Education is the single most important factor in the development of a devel

I read this topic on the forum and i want to compose an essay on it.
I hope it's ok to "Create a new topic"
need your time to check it out~

Education is the single most important factor in the development of a developing
For thousands of years, education has been an integral part of society. But is it the single most important factor in the development of a developing country? I believe education is of great significance instead of the most important factor.

First and foremost, a complete education system provides large number of qualified people with advanced knowledge’s and skills in a wide range of subjects. Through attending various educational facilities, including but not limited high school, college and university, people can get themselves prepared for and contributed to the development of the country, which clearly requires the effort from all profession. For instance, if you want to be an architect, you go to university to learn basic knowledge in construction and designing, if you want to be doctor or nurse, you go to a medicine school to get familiar with all kinds of medicines and acquire some first-hand experience.

In addition to talents cultivation, education in itself has tremendous influence on spirit civilization, which accounts for a large part in a country's development. As a place where knowledge handed down and wisdom passed around, school represent the homeland of scholars like Socrates and Confucius, who had huge impact on the promotion of spirit civilization, and the birthplace of innovative ideas like democracy.

What's more, the improving of education involves many constructions of schools and universities which have positive effect on local economy. For instance, the university i attended, expand a new campus in the countryside area in Nanjing. With more and more students came to spend their four or even more years in here, the local economy was tremendously accelerated, restaurants, cafes, hotels, bookstores and supermarkets mushroomed in few years.

On the other hand however, it would be rash to make the assertion that education is the single most important factor in the development of a developing country, because other factors plays a no less or even greater role in the progress of a country. Economy, for instance, directly influences the national power of a country and the well-being of its citizens.

All in all, the development of a developing country can not be determined solely, it includes the promotion of many aspects such as education, economy, politics and army force.

~~~~~~~~~
to be honest, i can barely finish a 300 words essay within 30 mins, i took almost 50mins to finish this one.
I couldn't help wondering and re-writing all the time~
I am worried about that~ and i am gonna take toefl test in Sunday~

Thanks for your time~

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture by a professor of Fine Arts
JerseyGood

Essay:Education is the single most important factor in the development of a d #2 (permalink) Mon Aug 23, 2010 18:06 pm   Essay:Education is the single most important factor in the development of a d

I hope it's ok to "Create a new topic"
need your time to check it out~

For thousands of years, education has been an integral part of society(,) but is it the single most important factor in the development of a developing country? I believe education is of great significance instead of the most important factor.

First and foremost, a complete education system provides large numberS of qualified people with advanced knowledge’s and skills in a wide range of subjects. Through attending various educational facilities, including but not limited TO high school, college and university, people can get themselves prepared for(,) and contributed to(,) the development of the country, which clearly requires the effort from all professionS. For instance, if you want to be an architect, you go to university to learn basic knowledge in construction and designing, BUT if you want to be A doctor or A nurse, you go to a medicine school to get familiar with all kinds of medicines and acquire some first-hand experience.

In addition to talents cultivation, education in itself has tremendous influence on spirit civilization which accounts for a large part in a country's development. As a place where knowledge IS handed down and wisdom passed around, school represent the homeland of scholars like Socrates and Confucius, BOTH OF whoM had A huge impact on the promotion of spirit civilization, and the birthplace of innovative ideas like democracy.

What's more, The improving of education involves many constructions of schools and universities which have positive effectS on THE local economy. For instance, the university (I) attended, expandED a new campus inTO the countryside area in Nanjing. With more and more students COMING to spend their four or even more years in here, the local economy was tremendously accelerated, restaurants, cafes, hotels, bookstores and supermarkets mushroomed in ONLY A few years.

On the other hand however, it would be rash to make the assertion that education is the single most important factor in the development of a developing country, because other factors plays a no less or even greater role in the progress of a country. Economy, for instance, directly influences the national power of a country(,) and the well-being of its citizens.

All in all, the development of a developing country (cannot) be determined solely BY ITS EDUCATIONAL STANDARDS, it includes the promotion of many aspects(,) such as education, economy, politics and ITS ARMED FORCES.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Well, you have four paragraphs and an introduction plus a conclusion, so it is longer than it need be.
Relax and forget about the outcome of the test. Take your time to jot down two or three good ideas before you start writing, and then write only about them and nothing else. Include them all in your conclusion.

Kitos. 8.5/10
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemStart exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Essay:Education is the single most important factor in the development of a devel #3 (permalink) Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:05 am   Essay:Education is the single most important factor in the development of a devel

Thank you Kitos !~
You are right I may care too much on the result~
Anyway I am gonna try more~

P.S:Those commas really make the reading comfortable
JerseyGood

Is it necessary to challenge authority?Graph, Chart and Table ...Please give me some advice.Only movies that can teach us something about real life is worth watchingYounger school children should be required to study art and music?Integrated essay: Global warmingLiving longerIt has announced that shopping center may be built in your neighborhood. Do you sRank my essay, please![Essay] Explain why movies are so popular?the best way to improve education is to increase teachers' salaries?Technology makes people's lives simpler 3Getting successful in lifeOwning your own business or working for an employer