willfully bent on doing the wrong thing; distorted; deviant
amiable
oblivious
perverse
fatuous

Travelling to a different country. What are important things to learn?

vacation time or salary in a job | Essay:Education is the single most important factor in the development of a devel
Travelling to a different country. What are important things to learn? #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 23, 2010 17:45 pm   Travelling to a different country. What are important things to learn?

Topic: Traveling to a different country can be both exciting and frustrating at the same time. What are the most important pieces of advice that you would give visitors to your country?

Essay:

How are you today, Mr. Kitos? I have written this essay in a limited amount of time(about 20 minutes and the word count is ~300 words). I tried to make it simple and interesting^^, and I hope you will help me check it.
Thank you in advance!
Louisa.

Each country has its own language, tourist attractions, and law, so that foreign tourists should prepare very well before traveling to a different country.

Firstly, visitors should make their own schedule for the whole journey. It might include the list of tourist attractions to visit and in what time. There are lots of wonderful destinations for them to visit, but in a limited amount of time, they have to decide which ones are worthy to come and in which day. This will help them save a lot of time and money, because they aware of their schedule beforehand.

Secondly, visitors should learn about the culture of this country before visiting it. Culture-shock is one of the most matters that need to be taken in to consideration. Equipping with a little bit knowledge about the culture of this country—the way people asking question and the way people eating, for example—is very crucial and necessary for them. The more information about this country, the more embarrassing situations they might avoid.

Finally, the law of this country is also very important for visitors. Visiting a country that has different law, while they do not know anything about its law is very risky. They might get stuck with the local police, and thereby ruin their whole time, when they accidentally or deliberately commit the law here. It would be a terrible memory for them, since they find it hard to explain in different language, and have to waste most of their time to solve unwanted problems.

In conclusion, I would like to suggest three aforementioned things to visitors before they decide to go to different country. I think that only by preparing well before their journey — learning the culture, the law, and the destinations of this country—they can enjoy a more memorable and meaningful traveling time.

TOEFL listening lectures: What is the professor's opinion of Ragwort?
Louisa

Location: Japan

Travelling to a different country. What are important things to learn? #2 (permalink) Mon Aug 23, 2010 18:47 pm   Travelling to a different country. What are important things to learn?

Essay:

Thank you in advance!
Louisa.

Each country has its own language, tourist attractions, and lawS, so that foreign tourists should prepare very well before travelLing to a different country.

Firstly, visitors should make their own schedule for the whole journey. It might include A list of tourist attractions to visit and iAT what time. There are lots of wonderful destinations for them to visit, but in a limited amount of time, so they have to decide which ones are worthy to SEE and ON which day. This will help them save a lot of time and money, because they aware of their schedule beforehand.

Secondly, visitors should learn about the culture of this country before visiting it. Culture-shock is one of the most IMPORTANT matters that need to be taken (into) consideration. BEING EQUIPPED with a little bit knowledge about the culture of this country—the way people ask question and the way people eat, for example—is very crucial and necessary for them. The more information THEY LEARN about this country, the more embarrassing situations they might avoid.

Finally, the lawS of this country ARE also very important for visitors. Visiting a country that has different lawS, while they do not know anything about its lawS is very risky. They might get INVOLVED with the local police, and thereby ruin their whole time, when they accidentally or deliberately BREAK the law There. It would be a terrible memory for them, since they find it hard to explain in A different language, and have to waste most of their time IN SOLVING unwanted problems.

In conclusion, I would like to suggest three aforementioned things to visitors before they decide to go to A different country. I think that only by preparing well before their journey — learning the culture, the law, and the destinations of this country—CAN THEY enjoy a more memorable and meaningful travelLing time.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
That wasn't bad at all Louisa.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemStart exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Travelling to a different country. What are important things to learn? #3 (permalink) Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:54 am   Travelling to a different country. What are important things to learn?

OGM. There are too much silly errors I didn't recognize:((
waste time to do sth = waste time in doing sth?
commit the law = break the law?
get stuck = get involved?
to come = to see?
travelling (British) = traveling (American)
taken into account = taken into consideration?

Please make it clear for me, Mr.Kitos. Thanks!
Louisa.
Louisa

Location: Japan

Graph, Chart and Table ...Please give me some advice.grammar errOnly movies that can teach us something about real life is worth watchingYounger school children should be required to study art and music?Integrated essay: Global warmingLiving longerIt has announced that shopping center may be built in your neighborhood. Do you sRank my essay, please![Essay] Explain why movies are so popular?the best way to improve education is to increase teachers' salaries?Technology makes people's lives simpler 3Getting successful in lifeOwning your own business or working for an employer