omnipresent; present everywhere
querulous
obtrusive
sartorial
ubiquitous

Failure is a proof that desire wasn't strong enough

It is better to be a member of a group than to be the leader of a group. | How can I prepare for my English test paper?
Failure is a proof that desire wasn't strong enough #1 (permalink) Fri Aug 27, 2010 18:00 pm   Failure is a proof that desire wasn't strong enough

TOPIC: "Failure is a proof that desire wasn't strong enough. To what extent do you agree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer."

It is said that our lives are ruled by our desires, as we subordinate our days to achieve some personal goals. Sometimes, though, we do not manage to fulfil our dreams and obtain what we want. If that happens, does it proof that our desire was not strong enough? In my opinion, it partly does. However, it depends on situation.

First of all, we grow up with ambitions and plans. Being children, we usually aim high and we are encouraged to never give up on our goals. My parents used to tell me that I could gain anything, if my desire was strong enough. When we are truly passionate about something, we are able to do things, that we have never thought we could.

Moreover, reaching our dreams usually requires time and a lot of hard work. Some people are not patient enough to make a success. Their desires are just flashes in the pan. They are not ready to sacrifice anything for the goal.

On the other hand, sometimes accidents happen and a failure is caused by outside factors. We cannot learn to play violin if we lost both hands in car's collision. Lack of money (and in some cases - lack of certain skills) may disturb our plans, as well.

To conclude, we are creators of our future and if we want something we should do everything we can to obtain it. Otherwise we may always regret that.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why did the young woman sit in the rear seat of the car?
Cintre

Failure is a proof that desire wasn't strong enough #2 (permalink) Fri Aug 27, 2010 18:27 pm   Failure is a proof that desire wasn't strong enough

It is said that our lives are ruled by our desires, as we subordinate our days to achieve some personal goals. Sometimes, though, we do not manage to fulfil our dreams and obtain what we want. If that happens, does it PROVE that our desire was not strong enough? In my opinion, it partly does. However, it depends on THE situation.

On the other hand, sometimes accidents happen and a failure is caused by outside factors. We cannot learn to play THE violin if we lost both hands in A car's collision. Lack of money (and in some cases - lack of certain skills) may disturb our plans, as well.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Very short but very good Cintre.

Kitos. 8.5/10
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Failure is a proof that desire wasn't strong enough #3 (permalink) Fri Aug 27, 2010 19:34 pm   Failure is a proof that desire wasn't strong enough

Good work, Cintre.

The last sentence is not quite clear, though:

To conclude, we are creators of our future and if we want something we should do everything we can to obtain it. Otherwise we may always regret that. (What may we regret?)

Try to rewrite to make it 100% clear what exactly the regret would be.

Phil
www.300easywords.com
TutorPhil

Failure is a proof that desire wasn't strong enough #4 (permalink) Mon Aug 30, 2010 16:46 pm   Failure is a proof that desire wasn't strong enough

Thank you a lot Kitos, I guess I have a little problem with writing longer essays in 30 minutes time.

Phil, would it be any better if I put it like that: "To conclude, we are creators of our future and if we want something we should do everything we can to obtain it. Otherwise we may always regret that our effort was too weak to make our dreams come true."
Cintre

people listen to music for different reasons and at different time? why music...Muay Thai (Please help correct my grammar)ORGANIC FOOD please rate my essay, thanksthe way people interact with each otherDoing same things vs. trying new thingsPlease rate my essay, thanks a lotThe most important aspect of a job is the money a person earns.Can't download the listening filesBooks or computers?Another issue about jobFavourite type of reading essay! (pls rate my essay and correct my mistakes)Hi all, can you check my first essay?Thanks allHow can I make friend with all of you :*